Morris says "my head wasn't in the game"....?

LSURock

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't subscribe to that logic of thinking. The players have way more to do with whether or not a team does well than the coach IMO. If you could chose between coaching or talent, you always go with the talent. Tubby gets some of the credit from me when they do well, just as he gets some of the blame when the do poorly. The majority of both lies with the players.

Doesn't the coach recruit the players..... You can't take it off of Tubby he's responsible for everything, good or bad.

You can't go and watch a kid practice every day in high school. You make it out to be like Tubby was the only one fooled by Morris, not the case at all.

Morris, Carruth, Stone, Rondo, Crawford, and Bradley have all been (or are still) underachievers. It seems Bogans and Prince were the exception, not the rule. However, both were very good as freshman and neither made great strides of improvement at UK. Why is that? Why has Perry not improved in his 4 year tenure. Remember Gerald Fitch.... He was just about as good as a freshman as he was a senior. Rondo didn't improve, Morris hasn't, Crawford at least plays hard, as does Bradley, but Ramel has not gotton better at all. That's a LOT of talent not improving at UK. Who's that on? The critical fans on BGP and Cats Pause???????????????

Morris, Carruth, Stone, Rondo, Crawford, and Bradley have all been (or are still) underachievers. It seems Bogans and Prince were the exception, not the rule. However, both were very good as freshman and neither made great strides of improvement at UK. Why is that? Why has Perry not improved in his 4 year tenure. Remember Gerald Fitch.... He was just about as good as a freshman as he was a senior. Rondo didn't improve, Morris hasn't, Crawford at least plays hard, as does Bradley, but Ramel has not gotton better at all. That's a LOT of talent not improving at UK. Who's that on? The critical fans on BGP and Cats Pause???????????????

Very wrong. Fitch was recruited as a shooter and came in and did everything but. By his senior year he was probably our number one offensive threat. You named Prince and Bogans as exceptions. How bout Hawkins, Daniels, Fitch, Hayes.

BTW... Morris has improved too.

Then Tubby should have known that and not recruited him. ANy way you paint it the blame for the way UK is playing falls squarely on OTS's head.

..... or let him back on the team after he flew the coup for the NBA.

No excuses, Neither Tubby or Morris "heads" are in the game.

If Morris couldn't find the motivation to get up for a game as big as this one was, I say Tubby should bench him until he does.

As strange as it may sound, UK may have won with Woo and Morris switching minutes Saturday. Woo's effort would have rubbed off on his teammates(i.e. South Carolina)whereas Morris sometimes has the opposite effect.

No excuse for this, the guy is very talented but between the ears he has question marks. The sad thing about this is they are not a better team with him on the bench, he's the only post presence on the entire team. I guess it all goes back to the recruiting issue with Tubby, noone is as good as 33, he has no real competition therefore no one can push him and put the fear of the pine into his head.

If Morris couldn't find the motivation to get up for a game as big as this one was, I say Tubby should bench him until he does.

I support your line of thinking. I'd bench Morris for the next two games. After that maybe he will be hungry to go out there. But when you bring him back make him fight for his minutes. I know if I were coach, I wouldn't play him (I know I'm not coach, I have that luxury to criticize from the seat in front of my computer).

I support your line of thinking. I'd bench Morris for the next two games. After that maybe he will be hungry to go out there. But when you bring him back make him fight for his minutes. I know if I were coach, I wouldn't play him (I know I'm not coach, I have that luxury to criticize from the seat in front of my computer).

His plan is to play professional basketball in the NBA. If going undrafted, being passed over by every team twice, does not make him hungry than probably nothing ever will.

His plan is to play professional basketball in the NBA. If going undrafted, being passed over by every team twice, does not make him hungry than probably nothing ever will.

Then take him away from basketball. If he's not going to give the effort, then good bye. He has to realize how much basketball means to him.

Gerald Fitch improved tremendously from his freshman year to his senior year. Morris has also improved tremendously from his freshman year to this year.