Morris says "my head wasn't in the game"....?

LSURock

That particularly quote is what has lit a fire across the Big Blue Nation, and much of that ire is directed at OTS. And it should be directed at him.

Kind of reminds me of the postgame when UK played Indiana in football two years ago, when the kids said they were not mentally ready. Rich Brooks was lambasted for it.

I wouldn't say Morris has been a complete bust. The non-conference portion of the schedule he was playing pretty much lights out, and was one of the best big men in the country.

He had a very nice Maui Classic, and he played extremely well at North Carolina, outshining Hansborough and company.

Then they hit conference play and we saw a lull in his game. Now it has been pretty much hit or miss effort wise and stat wise.

He wasn't getting the ball and shots, then he wasn't working hard enough, and played miserably versus Arkansas, then came back and played well versus Florida, but didnt get many touches.

Then there was Saturday.

So what is it?

One OTS doesn't have anyone to replace him. He is still good enough to be a difference maker in games and UK struggles without his presence.

I have an inkling that Morris has already made his bed with the NBA and that he knows he is going to get his money. Maybe he knows this through second hand sources. With knowledge of this, why play hard all of the time when the money is there at the end.

If my above scenario is true, then he is more foolish than I thought he was when he originally tested the NBA waters.

He is a very intelligent kid who is book smart.

He seems to lack some street smarts, and some logical thinking. Could it be he was a protected child, and has been told how great he is and that he already has his money locked up, so dont go and get hurt.

Who knows, but I am quite certain he has two home games left in his career at UK.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an inkling that Morris has already made his bed with the NBA and that he knows he is going to get his money. Maybe he knows this through second hand sources. With knowledge of this, why play hard all of the time when the money is there at the end.

If my above scenario is true, then he is more foolish than I thought he was when he originally tested the NBA waters.

He is a very intelligent kid who is book smart.

He seems to lack some street smarts, and some logical thinking. Could it be he was a protected child, and has been told how great he is and that he already has his money locked up, so dont go and get hurt.

Who knows, but I am quite certain he has two home games left in his career at UK.

You may be correct but if so and he still has suitors within the NBA, instead of risking injury etc, why would he not just jump ship now?

I am a Tubby supporter...but for those of you who think this is not somewhat Tubby's fault...YOU ARE NUTS!!!!!! The head coach is 100% responsible for the product that he puts on the court...for good or bad..

So these young men have no responsibility?????

That is why they have been a disappointment, no one before hand held them accuountable for being team players and playing defense; that is why Rondo was a fraud; Morris has been on defense and offense lately; Bradley seems to be trying; Crawford finally seems to understand and making some tough plays.

I guarantee you that is not what you teach your boys at Trinity!!!!!!

What NBA team would Morris star for??? Right now he's a backup at best, flashes brilliance at times but isn't anywhere near a complete player after 2.5 years in college. I hope he's smarter this time when he decides to enter the NBA, he has improved each season but he's far from a finished product at this time. I never noticed it before the UT game when Jimmy Dikes stated he never leaves the left block, never plays on the right hand side that right there shows you he's limited.

I have seen him on the right block quite a bit.

Heck, the "zipper" play they run ad naseum is for him to catch on the right block.

What I have noticed is that he seldom goes over his right shoulder. Everything is catch, turn over left shoulder, shoot.

Other flaws.

He plays small. Seldom uses a drop step and power. Rarely ever uses a power dribble. Too often as was the case versus Bama, He would turn and dribble and the ball would be swiped away. Does a horrific job of re-screening. If he seals and the defender fights over top, he quits, and seldom reposts...moving up the block, calling for ball to paint side, reseal call for ball baseline side. Bottom line he doesn't work hard enough to get his top leg over and post...when beaten he stands. Doesn't look to screen away and then be rescreened.

Simply effort.

His strength is facing the basket but he really needs to add a power game in the post, like you said Labs, he can't go right and he had no drop step game at all. He also has very little lift in the post, really hope he knows improvement in college is easier than in the league. He's a journeyman at best right now but one more year of college experience would do him good.

His strength is facing the basket but he really needs to add a power game in the post, like you said Labs, he can't go right and he had no drop step game at all. He also has very little lift in the post, really hope he knows improvement in college is easier than in the league. He's a journeyman at best right now but one more year of college experience would do him good.

An NBA drop out is more like it. The effort he is giving right now is the effort that will merit him no money. He won't get drafted this year if he tries again.

Im a huge UK fan. I love them, they are my team and I cheer for them. Shoot I even like Tubby somewhat and think he is a good coach in a sense. But attitudes like thist make it really hard for me to get into this team to much this year. I want to think sometimes they dont care why should I? Yet I do care and wish them the best and still believe, but they better wake up.