Morris says "my head wasn't in the game"....?

LSURock

If you can't get yourself up to play a crucial SEC road game then turn in your friggin jersey and hit the road. I would rather be 10-20 this season and have a team full of people that give their hearts and souls as to watch a bunch of prep "stars" give 80%. The only person that even looked like they cared yesterday was Bradley. He was diving out of bounds and everything, while everyone else jogged up and down and went through the motions. If you don't want to play, then hit the road Jack.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I agree....but for better or worse, it is the Head Coach's responsibility to have his team focused....if a kid is not...he needs to park his rump on the pine.

I agree. Randy rode the pine against UF last Saturday, and look how some of the fan base reacted to that. "Why aint Morris playin?!?! FAR TUBBY!" I think Coach Smith is in a lose lose situation with some of these "fans"

I think that's bull. A coach can't make an athlete focus. From when he worked out for NBA teams awhile back they all said he was lazy and unfocused as well.

Then Tubby should have known that and not recruited him. ANy way you paint it the blame for the way UK is playing falls squarely on OTS's head.

I dont see how this one is on Tubby RP.Randy is a headcase IMO.

Tubby seems to have a history of recruiting head cases

Carrouth

Rondo

Morris

Head coaches are certainly ready to take all of the credit (and money) when things are going well. The converse applies as well when things are not going well.

Sorry, I hit the wrong key. :sssh: The mistake has been corrected. Have you got anything to say about the point of my statement or are you limited to pointing out typos?

I don't buy it for one minute. Tubby is in a no win situation. He decides to back off a recruit, Moses, for his lack of effort in the classroom, and everyone wants to crucify him for it. Morris, Rondo, and Carruth....That's three guys in ten years. For every headcase Tubby has brought in, he's brought in at least 2 that played their hearts out every time they took the court. (Hayes, Bogans, Prince, Fitch, etc.)

Carrouth

Rondo

Morris

Head coaches are certainly ready to take all of the credit (and money) when things are going well. The converse applies as well when things are not going well.

Carruth was definitely Psycho, but Rondo was not. I dont understand the hate for him, i feel like Rondo would make this team a heck of a lot better. Your boy Rickyp has had a couple of headcases as well( Character quicly comes to mind), its not unusual, it just gets magnified more when you are coaching in the fish bowl we call UK basketball.

Carrouth

Rondo

Morris

How ridiculous; Morris is the McD All-American all the Tubby critics are calling for!!!!!!! Morris is a man; he is responsible for himself.

I agree. Randy rode the pine against UF last Saturday, and look how some of the fan base reacted to that. "Why aint Morris playin?!?! FAR TUBBY!" I think Coach Smith is in a lose lose situation with some of these "fans"

You are 100% correct.

I don't buy it for one minute. Tubby is in a no win situation. He decides to back off a recruit, Moses, for his lack of effort in the classroom, and everyone wants to crucify him for it. Morris, Rondo, and Carruth....That's three guys in ten years. For every headcase Tubby has brought in, he's brought in at least 2 that played their hearts out every time they took the court. (Hayes, Bogans, Prince, Fitch, etc.)

Tubby is the head coach and is compensated very, very well for it. When things are going well it's because of him. Why doesn't the same apply when things are going poorly?

Tubby is the head coach and is compensated very, very well for it. When things are going well it's because of him. Why doesn't the same apply when things are going poorly?

I don't subscribe to that logic of thinking. The players have way more to do with whether or not a team does well than the coach IMO. If you could chose between coaching or talent, you always go with the talent. Tubby gets some of the credit from me when they do well, just as he gets some of the blame when the do poorly. The majority of both lies with the players.