Best and worst excuses after a game

On 11/6/2023 at 1:24 PM, Pi said:

This one applies more to when two NKY teams are playing than anything else but "home and away". When the trip is a half hour or less and is 4-5 exits on 275 at most, that isn't traveling. I've also never really thought anywhere in NKY was that big a home field advantage because pretty much any and all fans can get there and get in. When you have to pull kids out of school early, consider renting charter buses, and completely change routine, I'll listen. 

I agree with a lot of this, however…

I don’t necessarily think home field advantage is predicated on travel time and fan attendance. In my opinion, away games are hard because of the shift in routine. different field, different locker room (if there even is one), different press box setup, etc. At home, there’s a sense of comfort. For example, there is never any anxiety about replacement equipment, training room facilities, etc. You know what you have and what you don’t. On the road, comes a plethora of stuff to worry about from the bus ride to getting taped to warmups. 

In my opinion, I think it is always easier to play at the venue where you spend 95% of your time as a team. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 1:36 PM, Bluebird said:

Not sure about now but playing at home in the sixties was a huge advantage just because of attitude.  

The cannon was a pain....... especially if you were an official lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WishboneCity said:

I agree with a lot of this, however…

I don’t necessarily think home field advantage is predicated on travel time and fan attendance. In my opinion, away games are hard because of the shift in routine. different field, different locker room (if there even is one), different press box setup, etc. At home, there’s a sense of comfort. For example, there is never any anxiety about replacement equipment, training room facilities, etc. You know what you have and what you don’t. On the road, comes a plethora of stuff to worry about from the bus ride to getting taped to warmups. 

In my opinion, I think it is always easier to play at the venue where you spend 95% of your time as a team. 

That's why it's " "home field advantage " lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WishboneCity said:

I’ve heard the “they watered the field last night so we couldn’t beat them with speed” excuse around a dozen times. It always seems to come after a pretty heavy rain… 

Did a few games where the grass seemed rather long lol.

This is not really an excuse but I used to drive the football bus for East Carter football for about 25 years. We had a trip to Fleming Co. I am not sure if they still have them, but they had the best pork tenderloin sandwiches there and me and one of my best friends who drove the other bus were sitting there eating a couple and one of the East Carter offensive linemen was sitting there in his uniform why the team was doing the calisthenics' sit down beside us eat his sandwich and sneaked right into his place after he finished his sandwich. We never mentioned it to the coach we figured if he wanted one that bad and got away with it we weren't going to rat him out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3