Everything posted by Old General
-
Best and worst excuses after a game
The other team stole our playbook!
-
Madison Central at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
I was just looking at the brackets, completely forgot the brackets will change due to reseeding. FDHS really got hosed for playing two out of state games and that extra open weekend.
-
Madison Central at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
I keep forgetting you can’t project out thru the brackets due to reseeding. Guess I was just wanting to see that BS v FD matchup again!
-
Madison Central at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
Another JV in the 2nd half game. I’m looking forward to that Bryan Station v FDHS game the next weekend. I will go ahead and say, Tates Creek could give BS trouble. They’re one of those teams that have the potential to step up and give a higher seed trouble.
-
What penalty should teams that withdraw from the playoffs receive?
Exactly! It’s one more chance to suit up and play a game they’ve loved playing for years. It’s one last chance to play with buddies that you’ve been side by side with since middle school. Even kids on “pathetic” teams love playing a game they’ve poured their heart and soul into since they were 5 years old! Because for the vast majority, it’s the last time they will ever have an opportunity to play the game.
-
Henry Clay at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
This is a just don’t get anyone hurt game for Douglass. 1st quarter RC in this one.
-
Boyle County 28 Frederick Douglass 7
No way I would’ve predicted that Boyle’s offense would run over Douglass’ D like that. Hoban only managed 182 Rushing and 111 passing against them. I haven’t seen Boyle play in person this season but I read a lot this week on here about the their defensive secondary possibly being a weakness. I think we can forget about that too!
-
Frederick Douglass 50 George Rogers Clark 6
- Frederick Douglass 50 George Rogers Clark 6
I guess that means Bryan Station gets Lafayette since Lafayette lost 16 - 14 to PLD tonight.- George Rogers Clark at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
RC Cola by halftime in this one. Unless GRC can catch Douglass looking ahead to Boyle County, then they might make it into the 3rd before they quit hitting the stop button on the clock.- Bryan Station 51 George Rogers Clark 6
Kind of like last year. They opened with 3 loses against really good teams then went on a streak. I’m looking forward to their game against Douglass next week.- South Warren at Moore Predictions/Updates
I saw them against Lafayette last week and do think numbers played a part in their loss. You could tell they were gassed about midway thru the 3rd. One thing Lafayette does have is some depth. I didn’t realize their QB was freshman. I thought he played well and had some nice throws. Moore’s D struggled to get off the field and Lafayette had 4 or 5 long drives that I think contributed to them getting tired.- Lafayette 25 Moore 12
They made a change at QB. They had only scored 27 points thru the first 4 games but have put up 39 in the last 6 quarters since the QB change. It’s amazing what a difference the QB can make, they look like an entirely different team.- Lafayette 25 Moore 12
Final score was 25-12.- Franklin County at Shelby County Predictions/Updates
My Grandson caught quite a few TD passes from him last season so I was curious how things were going for him. He’s a great kid, I hope he continues to grow as a QB! I definitely saw a lot of potential in him last season.- Franklin County at Shelby County Predictions/Updates
How is Duri looking at QB? I know he missed the first two games with an injury.- DeSales 45 Lafayette 6
I haven’t seen Dunbar or HC play but after watching Lafayette’s 4 games, there’s a very real possibility they won’t win a game this year.- Oldham County vs. Lafayette Updates
Too many turnovers and #25 from OC’s running game doomed Lafayette in the 2nd half! I’m not sure how many interceptions Lafayette threw, I lost count, but I believe it was 5 maybe 6. Tough to stay with any team with that many turnovers. I thought Lafayette’s D played good enough to keep them in the game but they were gassed in the 2nd half from constantly being on the field. Better figure out a way to stop those turnovers or it’s going to be a LONG season for the Generals.- 2023: What game are you watching on Friday?
This is where I will be!- Frederick Douglass vs. Archbishop Hoban (OH) 8/19 Predictions/Updates
It was the same last year. Only difference is, with last years schedule, Douglass rarely started a possession on their side of the field. A few run plays and couple of screen passes and they were in the red zone, if not end zone. I said all last season if a team can flip field position on them they can slow their offense because they can’t/don’t/won’t throw the ball downfield. With teams like Hoban, Trinity and Cathedral, they’re going to need more than just screen passes. I went back and watched the game on NFHS and the sophomore looks like he could be the answer. I hope Carpenter just had a bad game and gets it together but they’re going to need his arm a lot more this season than they did last. I’m looking forward to the Hoban game.- Woodford County vs. Bullitt East Predictions/Updates
A senior transfer out of Lafayette named DJ Dumas. 6’2” probably 220ish with excellent speed. He can play RB, LB, DE. Word is he’ll play RB at Woodford. Unfortunately he was never really able to show off his abilities at Lafayette but he could be a really special player with good players around him. He also has a younger brother (junior) that’s transferred to Woodford that has lineman size and is a great athlete. You never know how these transfers will play out but they could be really good additions for Woodford. Definitely keep an eye out for them!- Woodford County vs. Bullitt East Predictions/Updates
Since it’s a Saturday game, I’m thinking about making the 45 minute trip to Alvis Johnson Field and checking this game out. I know Woodford picked up a nice athlete/RB this week from a transfer as well.- Lafayette at Danville scrimmage 8/11.
They had a couple of injuries last night too. Not sure how serious though. I know an ambulance showed up after one of the players was hurt but not certain that they took him or if it was there for something/someone else not related to his injury.- Lafayette at Danville scrimmage 8/11.
Loving what I’m seeing from Lawson and his staff! The difference between this season and two years ago is night and day. Looks like the players are buying in.- Lafayette at Danville scrimmage 8/11.
I was really surprised at how lopsided it was. I know being 2A they don’t have the numbers Lafayette does so I thought they might wear down, but they were pretty much outmatched at every position. Dez Hanley for Lafayette is going to give some teams problems this season. - Frederick Douglass 50 George Rogers Clark 6