Madison Central at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Madison Central vs. Frederick Douglass  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Madison Central
    • Frederick Douglass

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2023 at 12:06 AM

Madison Central vs. FD.png.b780dc246cac0f935fee1f8c45f64092.png

Madison Central will be coming back to "The Farm" for the 2nd time in just over a month this time for round 2 in the 6A state football playoffs. The Indians defeated Dunbar on the road in round 1 of the playoffs 27-0. Madison Central comes into the game with a record of 4-7. The Indians lost their first 5 to begin the season and since then have won 4 of their last 6 with their only two losses coming to Bryan Station and Frederick Douglass. The Indians lost 44-7 to Douglass at Douglass on Oct. 6th.

Frederick Douglass is coming into this game coming off a 48-0 victory over Henry Clay. The Broncos are 6-4 on the season they are the only team in 6A that are undefeated in their class at 6-0.  This will mark the 4th time the two programs have played. Douglass leads the series all-time 3-0.

As of the time of this post I only know that the game will be on the NFHS Network. I am not sure if it will be broadcast on any other forms of media. The game is scheduled to kickoff on Friday, Nov. 10 at 7:00pm.

Another JV in the 2nd half game. I’m looking forward to that Bryan Station v FDHS game the next weekend. I will go ahead and say, Tates Creek could give BS trouble. They’re one of those teams that have the potential to step up and give a higher seed trouble. 

8 minutes ago, Old General said:

Another JV in the 2nd half game. I’m looking forward to that Bryan Station v FDHS game the next weekend. I will go ahead and say, Tates Creek could give BS trouble. They’re one of those teams that have the potential to step up and give a higher seed trouble. 

I don't think BS and FD will be playing each other that following weekend. If I'm not mistaken 3rd round will be RPI. So FD will be traveling to play someone in Louisville and there's a possibility that BS may have a home game but I think they'll also be on the road playing in Louisville as well 

1 hour ago, Old General said:

Bryan Station and Douglass cannot play if there are no upsets until the state finals. If Douglass wins and Male wins and there are no other upsets that is who the Broncos would play. The playoffs are reset after next weeks games based on RPI.

14 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Bryan Station and Douglass cannot play if there are no upsets until the state finals. If Douglass wins and Male wins and there are no other upsets that is who the Broncos would play. The playoffs are reset after next weeks games based on RPI.

I keep forgetting you can’t project out thru the brackets due to reseeding. Guess I was just wanting to see that BS v FD matchup again! 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:55 PM, Old General said:

Station vs Douglass next wknd????

1 hour ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

unfortunately for you no, those 2 out of state games really did your Broncos in. They'll most likely be traveling to Male while BS hosts Ryle or Bullit East. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, Hungover_in_Andover said:

I was just looking at the brackets, completely forgot the brackets will change due to reseeding. FDHS really got hosed for playing two out of state games and that extra open weekend. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, coachhawk said:

More than likely, FD will go to Male and Station will be at home against the Ryle/B East winner

East RPI

1Male

2Station

3B East/Ryle

4FD

Male is in district 4, so that should be the West part of the state, correct?

6 hours ago, coachhawk said:

No, 6A this year 1,2,3,5 make up the west and 4,6.7,8 make up the East. 

Thank you for the clarification @coachhawk

A lot of football to play on the field, so take the following with more than a grain of salt.

• The following matchups/bracket advancements are based on CalPreps projections based on this week's ratings:

• Quarterfinal matchups, based on RPI would look like this:

Central Hardin (W4) at Manual (W1) 

Henderson Co. (W3) at Trinity (W2) 

Frederick Douglass (E4) at Male (E1) 

Ryle (E3) at Bryan Station (E2) 

• Reseeding 1-4 RPI for the semifinals:

4. Bryan Station at 1. Male

3. Trinity at 2. Manual 

• The title game shapes up as: 

3. Trinity vs. 1. Male

Screenshot_20231107-175328__01.jpg

Screenshot_20231107-175047__01.jpg