Cincinnati Elder's coach applies for Mason, OH opening

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame this list is printed by the newspaper. These guys are trying to get a different job for what ever reasons. Many time it might be more money, or they are just not happy, or it might be a bigger school, or a school they think they can win more, or maybe they just like change and need a change.

This is not major college or the NFL. These guys are just looking at a new job. How many people everyday apply for new jobs in the business world. It is not listed in the paper.

Sure, I agree, some of this come with the job. But that does not make it right. Fifty three or so of those guys will not get the job and might continue coaching were they are and it will be hard on some of them.

I love fans who criticize their coach and the minute he applies for another job want to talk about loyalty!

My question is: Why is applying for a job news worthy? The guy may be perfectly happy at Elder, but if the money or situation is right he will go to Mason. Do you think Siple is unhappy at Indian Hill? I doubt it.

I have a real problem with this be public knowledge. Maybe post finalists for the job, but that is even pushing it. This is High school football, not the NFL or big time college.

The reporter should be ashamed. Hopefully none of the coaches who applied will suffer at their current jobs. Kids could lose faith in their coach and that would be difficult to repair. I hope someone makes it public knowledge next time that reporter tries to make himself better and applies for a new job. What a shame???

Big Red,

Public disclosure is the nature of the beast when you are talking tax dollars and I think it is a necessary evil.

Explain please... necessary to keep things on the up and up in regard to spending, budget, etc. (I agree) or necessary that we publish list of applicants for jobs (I disagree). I have never seen a list of applicants yet for a 9th grade social studies job. I am sure with the overwhelming amount of history/social studies teachers, each of those jobs get a lot of applicants as well.

I don't know, but I sure would be nervous if I was in Park Hills if the Elder job does become open. I have nothing to base it on, just with all the talk the last two years about Coach R. leaving, if any position would get him to go back over to Ohio, Elder is it.

Ramsey better hope he gets the job because the Elder faithful will be none to happy about his disloyalty towards the Purple Nation. If he doesn't get the job, I think his career at Elder will be short lived at best. Thats just the way it is on the west side of town. Loyalty and Panther pride means more than even a Championship winning coach.

Ramsey better hope he gets the job because the Elder faithful will be none to happy about his disloyalty towards the Purple Nation. If he doesn't get the job, I think his career at Elder will be short lived at best. Thats just the way it is on the west side of town. Loyalty and Panther pride means more than even a Championship winning coach.

They have only had one championship winning coach.