Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Elder's coach applies for Mason, OH opening

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see this. This would be a perfect example of someone on BGP reporting so and so applied for a job and ten people jumping on them saying they talked to so and so and it isn't true when in fact it is true.

Why would Ramsey want to leave Elder? Is he feeling heat after a few subpar seasons?

Why would Ramsey want to leave Elder? Is he feeling heat after a few subpar seasons?

 

Could be that. Or it could be $$.

It is a shame this list is printed by the newspaper. These guys are trying to get a different job for what ever reasons. Many time it might be more money, or they are just not happy, or it might be a bigger school, or a school they think they can win more, or maybe they just like change and need a change.

 

This is not major college or the NFL. These guys are just looking at a new job. How many people everyday apply for new jobs in the business world. It is not listed in the paper.

 

Sure, I agree, some of this come with the job. But that does not make it right. Fifty three or so of those guys will not get the job and might continue coaching were they are and it will be hard on some of them.

 

I love fans who criticize their coach and the minute he applies for another job want to talk about loyalty!

Could be that. Or it could be $$.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

Big Red,

 

Public disclosure is the nature of the beast when you are talking tax dollars and I think it is a necessary evil.

My question is: Why is applying for a job news worthy? The guy may be perfectly happy at Elder, but if the money or situation is right he will go to Mason. Do you think Siple is unhappy at Indian Hill? I doubt it.

I have a real problem with this be public knowledge. Maybe post finalists for the job, but that is even pushing it. This is High school football, not the NFL or big time college.

The reporter should be ashamed. Hopefully none of the coaches who applied will suffer at their current jobs. Kids could lose faith in their coach and that would be difficult to repair. I hope someone makes it public knowledge next time that reporter tries to make himself better and applies for a new job. What a shame???

Big Red,

 

Public disclosure is the nature of the beast when you are talking tax dollars and I think it is a necessary evil.

 

Explain please... necessary to keep things on the up and up in regard to spending, budget, etc. (I agree) or necessary that we publish list of applicants for jobs (I disagree). I have never seen a list of applicants yet for a 9th grade social studies job. I am sure with the overwhelming amount of history/social studies teachers, each of those jobs get a lot of applicants as well.

Interesting that no "high-profile" Kentucky coach applied. If Ramsey gets the job, I wonder who will apply for the Elder job?

I don't know, but I sure would be nervous if I was in Park Hills if the Elder job does become open. I have nothing to base it on, just with all the talk the last two years about Coach R. leaving, if any position would get him to go back over to Ohio, Elder is it.

Ramsey better hope he gets the job because the Elder faithful will be none to happy about his disloyalty towards the Purple Nation. If he doesn't get the job, I think his career at Elder will be short lived at best. Thats just the way it is on the west side of town. Loyalty and Panther pride means more than even a Championship winning coach.

Of the 54 candidates ...

 

Michael Croley, head coach, Scott County (Ky.)

 

Is he a Scott County assistant, or is he identified at the wrong school?

Ramsey better hope he gets the job because the Elder faithful will be none to happy about his disloyalty towards the Purple Nation. If he doesn't get the job, I think his career at Elder will be short lived at best. Thats just the way it is on the west side of town. Loyalty and Panther pride means more than even a Championship winning coach.

 

They have only had one championship winning coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.