Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Elder's coach applies for Mason, OH opening

Featured Replies

Ramsey better hope he gets the job because the Elder faithful will be none to happy about his disloyalty towards the Purple Nation. If he doesn't get the job, I think his career at Elder will be short lived at best. Thats just the way it is on the west side of town. Loyalty and Panther pride means more than even a Championship winning coach.

 

This is the problem with making job applicants public knowledge.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Red,

 

Public disclosure is the nature of the beast when you are talking tax dollars and I think it is a necessary evil.

 

Not necessary here as it is quite different from a bidding process. I don't think the names should be disclosed either.

This is the problem with making job applicants public knowledge.

I totally agree with you on this, but this is what often happens when applying to teach or coach in a public school. These candidates often know that it is a possibility their names will get let out, so , unfortunately, they better be ready to except the consequences. On the other hand, I would be glad to know where my coaches loyalties are if I was a Elder fan.:thumb:

Some BGPer's are police officers so should we put it in print if they apply for a different job. It is tax payer dollars.

Guys I am just the messenger.

 

I feel everyone's pain but I don't think we can pick and choose which tax funded endeavors are open to the public and which are not.

 

Police Officer is a bad example, the press already publishes lots of personal info about us and anytime we apply for a job everyone and their brother knows it because the new department does a back round investigation which includes going to your current employer. Most people have no idea how much scrutiny police officers are under. And to answer your question doubledeuce, I could care less if it is in print.

 

The bottom line is you know going in (applying for a new coaching position) public scrutiny is possible. I agree it would be nice to have some privacy but again you know going in.

Some BGPer's are police officers so should we put it in print if they apply for a different job. It is tax payer dollars.

 

I doubt that would be any worse than seeing all the teachers, police officers, coaches, administrators salary in the Boone County Recorder ...........

 

Any coach who has any class (or follows their contract) is going to tell their boss that they are applying for a different job anyway ... that is probably where this conversation should move towards.

 

Anyone who thinks that Doug Ramsey didn't tell his boss what his plans are is either crazy or a step away from it. I have a feeling that, even if he told his boss that he was applying for another job, he was still trying to do what was in the best interest of the kids in his current program by clouding things up as much as possible. He knew what was going to happen ..... and he probably knew it was going to be made public. That doesn't mean that he can't play the game that he wants to play.

 

And just remember--the people in this country elected a president that thinks that he should be able to listen to phone call, check anyone's credit, search anyones background for any reason that they choose (as long as they try to make them look like a terrorist) .... who cares if someone published a list of names.

 

The funniest thing is .... it isn't like the people here who are complaining about it didn't want to know in the first place. And I would be willing to say that they looked at the list as well.

Ramsey better hope he gets the job because the Elder faithful will be none to happy about his disloyalty towards the Purple Nation. If he doesn't get the job, I think his career at Elder will be short lived at best. Thats just the way it is on the west side of town. Loyalty and Panther pride means more than even a Championship winning coach.

 

Ramsey is probably leaving for dollars and public school retirement.

 

But it could be he's tired of the Purple Nation's unsubstantiated expectations. They've been as far as the state semis three times in school history. Yet, fans consider them an elite program.

My question is: Why is applying for a job news worthy? The guy may be perfectly happy at Elder, but if the money or situation is right he will go to Mason. Do you think Siple is unhappy at Indian Hill? I doubt it.

I have a real problem with this be public knowledge. Maybe post finalists for the job, but that is even pushing it. This is High school football, not the NFL or big time college.

The reporter should be ashamed. Hopefully none of the coaches who applied will suffer at their current jobs. Kids could lose faith in their coach and that would be difficult to repair. I hope someone makes it public knowledge next time that reporter tries to make himself better and applies for a new job. What a shame???

 

When accountants, social studies teachers, or reporters have websites discussing how they did at work every week then their career paths will probably start hitting the papers.

 

If it's not the NFL or big time college, lets do away with the Friday Night Blitz, pre-game live promos, radio broadcasts, webcasts, and of course newspaper coverage.

 

You can't have it both ways. If you want little Johnny's name in the paper when he scores a touchdown, then you must be ready to see it in the paper if he fumbled on the goal line as well. News is news. If Doug Ramsey can be a guest on radio and local TV's sportstalk, then anything related to his career should be subject to media coverage.

When accountants, social studies teachers, or reporters have websites discussing how they did at work every week then their career paths will probably start hitting the papers.

 

If it's not the NFL or big time college, lets do away with the Friday Night Blitz, pre-game live promos, radio broadcasts, webcasts, and of course newspaper coverage.

 

You can't have it both ways. If you want little Johnny's name in the paper when he scores a touchdown, then you must be ready to see it in the paper if he fumbled on the goal line as well. News is news. If Doug Ramsey can be a guest on radio and local TV's sportstalk, then anything related to his career should be subject to media coverage.

You are saying that applying for a job is newsworthy. I dont think so! This was a mistake by an ovezealous news reporter. That is why the list is gone and it is only a short article now. I think the reporter realized he was putting others jobs at risk. I think next time you apply for a job that the company should send a mass email to your employer. We will then see if your attitude about this changes.

You are saying that applying for a job is newsworthy. I dont think so! This was a mistake by an ovezealous news reporter. That is why the list is gone and it is only a short article now. I think the reporter realized he was putting others jobs at risk. I think next time you apply for a job that the company should send a mass email to your employer. We will then see if your attitude about this changes.

 

Bull!

 

It is obviously newsworthy ..... look how much time and effort that people have put into this topic on this message board alone (and this is a Kentucky message board--trying going to one of the "other" sites from Ohio and see if it wasn't newsworthy before or after the list came out). People have been wondering who applied the job SINCE BEFORE there was an article.

 

And--it isn't a mistake by the reporter. The community recorder newspapers made an open records request to obtain the information. It had nothing to do with the reporter--simply because--it would have been caught before it went to print.

 

As I stated before--any coach who is worth their salt spoke to their boss before they applied to begin with. It is a high profile job and it didn't take a genius to figure that there would be a lot of talk about who applied.

Bull!

 

It is obviously newsworthy ..... look how much time and effort that people have put into this topic on this message board alone (and this is a Kentucky message board--trying going to one of the "other" sites from Ohio and see if it wasn't newsworthy before or after the list came out). People have been wondering who applied the job SINCE BEFORE there was an article.

 

And--it isn't a mistake by the reporter. The community recorder newspapers made an open records request to obtain the information. It had nothing to do with the reporter--simply because--it would have been caught before it went to print.

 

As I stated before--any coach who is worth their salt spoke to their boss before they applied to begin with. It is a high profile job and it didn't take a genius to figure that there would be a lot of talk about who applied.

 

I agree that the coaches most likely talked to their bosses. Do you think Ramsey told his team? Absolutely not! All this has done is ruined the trust his players have in him. 15 - 18 year old kids are too young to realize that this was not a sign of betrayal to them but just the coach trying to make more money, better retirement, etc...

 

Look at Nick Saban. He is now a liar and a traitor because he denied the Alabama gossip. It does not matter that he did what was best for his team and squashed the rumors until the season was over.

 

IMO, The reporter should not have made the open records request. He should have waited for the details to come out naturally. Just because gossip sites want to talk about it does not make it newsworthy. I have read about a keyboard that was broken and kept typing a "q" on the general board. Maybe somebody should send that to the papers.

 

The biggest problem:

53 of the 54 guys will most likely go back to his old job. From there he will have to rebuild trust and repair any damage done with his player's morale.

 

I have no dog in this fight so I am done with the conversation. Good luck to Coach Ramsey and the others who applied. Hopefully there will be no consequences and your teams will continue to believe in you!

I agree that the coaches most likely talked to their bosses. Do you think Ramsey told his team? Absolutely not! All this has done is ruined the trust his players have in him. 15 - 18 year old kids are too young to realize that this was not a sign of betrayal to them but just the coach trying to make more money, better retirement, etc...

 

Look at Nick Saban. He is now a liar and a traitor because he denied the Alabama gossip. It does not matter that he did what was best for his team and squashed the rumors until the season was over. IMO, The reporter should not have made the open records request. He should have waited for the details to come out naturally. Just because gossip sites want to talk about it does not make it newsworthy. I have read about a keyboard that was broken and kept typing a "q" on the general board. Maybe somebody should send that to the papers.

 

The biggest problem:

53 of the 54 guys will most likely go back to his old job. From there he will have to rebuild trust and repair any damage done with his player's morale.

 

I have no dog in this fight so I am done with the conversation. Good luck to Coach Ramsey and the others who applied. Hopefully there will be no consequences and your teams will continue to believe in you!

 

EXACTLY!!!

I agree that the coaches most likely talked to their bosses. Do you think Ramsey told his team? Absolutely not! All this has done is ruined the trust his players have in him. 15 - 18 year old kids are too young to realize that this was not a sign of betrayal to them but just the coach trying to make more money, better retirement, etc...

 

Look at Nick Saban. He is now a liar and a traitor because he denied the Alabama gossip. It does not matter that he did what was best for his team and squashed the rumors until the season was over.

 

IMO, The reporter should not have made the open records request. He should have waited for the details to come out naturally. Just because gossip sites want to talk about it does not make it newsworthy. I have read about a keyboard that was broken and kept typing a "q" on the general board. Maybe somebody should send that to the papers.

 

The biggest problem:

53 of the 54 guys will most likely go back to his old job. From there he will have to rebuild trust and repair any damage done with his player's morale.

 

I have no dog in this fight so I am done with the conversation. Good luck to Coach Ramsey and the others who applied. Hopefully there will be no consequences and your teams will continue to believe in you!

 

Don't get out of the conversation ..... You have made some good points .... for instance: "All this has done is ruined the trust his players have in him. 15 - 18 year old kids are too young to realize that this was not a sign of betrayal to them but just the coach trying to make more money, better retirement, etc..."

 

I don't have any way around that one. And have no clue how I would/could justify that.

It's a high-profile job, and he's a high-profile coach ... it's newsworthy.

It's a high-profile job, and he's a high-profile coach ... it's newsworthy.

 

It's a high school job and he's a high school coach...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.