Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Elder's coach applies for Mason, OH opening

Featured Replies

Then stop all high school coverage. You don't get to have it both ways.

 

Why not?

 

Bottom line, it's about the kids and what this reporter did is turn a lot of kids against "their coach." No matter the reason, kids don't understand you "bettering yourself" as a coach. Nor do they care. They want someone they can have faith in and if Ramsey and others don't get this job...they've lost that faith because of a small time reporter.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The job changing process must be very different in the area of sports. I spent about 40 years in Human resources and it was very, very rare for someone to announce they were testing the waters. Would you assign project responsibility to someone who was likely to leave in the middle of the ptoject? Research shows that more than one-half of those who accept a counter offer are not with that employer three years later. When downsizing or budget cuts come about, the first to go are those who considered leaving or express dissatisfaction with their job or the company's position on just about anything. I suggest that, if possible, keeping one's mouth shut is the best policy. Even those who think they have a "special relationship" with their boss often learn the hard way that the boss thinks of himself first.

Ramsey is probably leaving for dollars and public school retirement.

 

But it could be he's tired of the Purple Nation's unsubstantiated expectations. They've been as far as the state semis three times in school history. Yet, fans consider them an elite program.

OK, I read your first post. What am I supposed to figure out? That must have gone over my head also...:banana:

 

IMO, it still should not be public knowledge!

 

Fact: The reporter filed the open records order. Therefore his fault this is in the paper.

 

Fact: Any coach who plans to go back to his old school will have to rebuild his player's trust.

 

Finally, these coaches applied for a job and have now been hung out to dry! I hope this did not go over your head!:laugh:

 

Also, I wonder why the list is so small for the Colerain job. A Super USA top 25 team can only get a few applicants. Could it be because of the chance for a open records request screwing them over? Probably!

Why not?

 

Bottom line, it's about the kids and what this reporter did is turn a lot of kids against "their coach." No matter the reason, kids don't understand you "bettering yourself" as a coach. Nor do they care. They want someone they can have faith in and if Ramsey and others don't get this job...they've lost that faith because of a small time reporter.

 

I don't think any small time reporters are to blame. Who owns the paper that made the open record request? Anyone?

I don't think any small time reporters are to blame. Who owns the paper that made the open record request? Anyone?

 

Gannett.

OK, I read your first post. What am I supposed to figure out? That must have gone over my head also...:banana:

 

IMO, it still should not be public knowledge!

 

Fact: The reporter filed the open records order. Therefore his fault this is in the paper.

 

Fact: Any coach who plans to go back to his old school will have to rebuild his player's trust.

 

Finally, these coaches applied for a job and have now been hung out to dry! I hope this did not go over your head!:laugh:

 

Also, I wonder why the list is so small for the Colerain job. A Super USA top 25 team can only get a few applicants. Could it be because of the chance for a open records request screwing them over? Probably!

 

I'd guess you shouldn't use FACT so quickly. It's not a fact, it is an opinion that these coaches will have to rebuild players trust. It cannot be a fact yet, it hasn't happened.:banana: :banana:

 

You have no clue on open records law. It's not up to the reporter, I can tell you that much. Have fun with this one.:thumb:

I don't think any small time reporters are to blame. Who owns the paper that made the open record request? Anyone?

 

Well, if it is the Community Press you are talking about The Enquirer. It could still be considered small time.

I'd guess you shouldn't use FACT so quickly. It's not a fact, it is an opinion that these coaches will have to rebuild players trust. It cannot be a fact yet, it hasn't happened.:banana: :banana:

 

You have no clue on open records law. It's not up to the reporter, I can tell you that much. Have fun with this one.:thumb:

 

OK, then help me out. Explain the open records law to the board. I think everyone would like to know how this information got into the reporter's hands. Who would have to file the open records request if not the reporter?

 

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about the rebuilding player's trust. Kids feel betrayed pretty easily. Right or wrong, they will feel betrayed in this situation also.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about the rebuilding player's trust. Kids feel betrayed pretty easily. Right or wrong, they will feel betrayed in this situation also.
Then maybe they should get over it ... as "betrayals" go, this is pretty minor stuff.
  • Author
OK, then help me out. Explain the open records law to the board. I think everyone would like to know how this information got into the reporter's hands. Who would have to file the open records request if not the reporter?

 

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about the rebuilding player's trust. Kids feel betrayed pretty easily. Right or wrong, they will feel betrayed in this situation also.

 

Ohio has slightly different laws than KY concerning Open Records. KY has shield provisions that Ohio does not have. So applicants for KY schools will not be dispalyed in the manner Ohio schools are currently. And of course private schools do not have to reveal anything.

OK, then help me out. Explain the open records law to the board. I think everyone would like to know how this information got into the reporter's hands. Who would have to file the open records request if not the reporter?

 

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about the rebuilding player's trust. Kids feel betrayed pretty easily. Right or wrong, they will feel betrayed in this situation also.

 

As for the first part of you post, anyone can file an open records request. Thus, the name. Get it now?

 

As for the second part, again it's not a fact, it's speculation. You can speculate on how kids will feel, but that does not make it a fact. What you think about how kids feel is not a fact, what actually happens is factual. Thus, the word fact.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.