Bullitt East 28 Male 27 (6A State Championship)

theguru

9,331 was the reported crowd size, as years go one this number will get bigger and bigger with all the Bullitt East fans telling stories of what it was like at Kroger Field winning their first state championship. Sports is awesome!

Also, interesting story in the Courier from the Male side. Wolfe makes a comment that maybe getting a new coach would help the Bulldogs get over the hump…I don’t think he goes anywhere but still an interesting thing for him to speak into existence. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NLTanker1 said:

Sorry not sorry, but;

I'm more thrilled to see Male lose a 4th straight title game than I am to see Bullitt East win.

Don't get me wrong, huge congrats to BE.

But Male should no longer be mentioned as a "Big 3". And honestly, X shouldn't be in it either. There is only 1 HULK. And that is Trinity, until someone can come close to threatening 27. And that will be a very long time.

In my best Rick Pitino voice, "Bob Beatty ain't walking through that door".

5 hours ago, BluegrassBlake said:

Trinity fans are the absolute worst. Most of them are entitled rich snobs. Even a game that has nothing to do with Trinity they have to make it about them. 

Their athletics Twitter page even deleted their tweet of the final score between them and BS because their fans weren't happy about them losing and were showcasing that in the comments.

Edited by theguru

2 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

9,331 was the reported crowd size, as years go one this number will get bigger and bigger with all the Bullitt East fans telling stories of what it was like at Kroger Field winning their first state championship. Sports is awesome!

Also, interesting story in the Courier from the Male side. Wolfe makes a comment that maybe getting a new coach would help the Bulldogs get over the hump…I don’t think he goes anywhere but still an interesting thing for him to speak into existence. 

I'm sure it's tough as a coach to go to championship 5 times and only win one plus with losing to St. X last year with a loaded team. I'm sure he blames himself as any great coach would do. I don't think he will leave and he was probably letting off some steam making that comment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

I don’t think he was being serious. Male has a ton of talented underclassmen so they’re going to be right there in the hunt next year. 

8 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I could be wrong but it’s not when the ball is thrown. It’s where the OL is when the ball crosses (or maybe breaks) the LOS. 

I just read the part of the rules. One I was incorrect it appears. One it having to cross the neutral zone. It reads a little strange.  Two the expanded neutral zone is 2 yards not 3. 

It reads like when the ball is released the official then checks due to the fact players can cover a lot of space. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:48 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

Mt. Washington going to be rocking tonight!

The crowd at the High School to welcome the team home was Incredible!!! The city of Mt. Washington loves their Chargers and is Proud to say so. Fireworks and an assembly in the gym was simply Awesome!!!  

Today at school the buzz is still very much alive!!!  Everybody looks tired but the excitement comes out of the mouths of our Administrators and all Staff. Pep Rally this morning to celebrate with our students. 

People say it was Unbelievable. I disagree and say WE BELIEVED!!!  

CONGRATS TO OUR CHARGERS AND COACHES!!! And to MT WASHINGTON!!! 

6A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!  Forever a memory of a lifetime!!!

• Like 3

On 12/3/2022 at 6:52 PM, Mayfieldsportsfan said:

Congratulations Bullitt East. Going for two was the right call. 

Congrats also to your Mayfield Cardinals on an Outstanding season. You guys are the standard of HS football. Kuddos to your team and coaches for fighting through adversity with the Tornado. May God continue to bless your town!!! (My Mom lives there)

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, TheDeuce said:

First ever title for BE? Those kids will be legends in Mt. Washington.

Yes. We had been in the title game twice - in 1994 and 2008. And now 2022. See a pattern? All 14 years apart. The first two at a lower level. We joined 6A in 2018 (I believe) and everyone said we would never win a title in 6A. Four years later the 6A State Champion trophy is sitting in Bullitt East HS. What a tremendous season it has been. WE BELIEVED when most did not. CONGRATS BE CHARGERS!!!

• Like 1