Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zeleke3

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Zeleke3

  1. Congratulations to my friend, Coach Clark. This is a Big Time hire. Coach Clark has had much success at Bardstown. Beyond that he is a fair man with integrity with a humble heart and strong work ethic. My son played two years for him and Coach was tremendous and fair to him. Despite some difficulties my son was having. He was also my Athletic Director for one year. He was always available in any situation and dealt with all situations in a calm, effective manner. Lexington Catholic's program will rise under Coach Clark's leadership. I know that he will be welcomed to their program. Good Luck Coach in every way!!!
  2. I was there and Ashland did definitely Light It Up!!! Carter took the game over and could not be stopped. Shooters were flame throwers!!! Jonah Butler from Calloway was Really Good!!! He played his butt off. Played extremely well in all areas of the game. A top three player that I have seen this year. Stoney Brook stole one right from under the noses of local colleges. Ashland against Bowling Green is going to be a very interesting game. Wish I could be there, but work duty calls. Good Luck to both teams!!!
  3. Clearly a Great Coach of two sports and a Better Man. Many do not know that he has developed high octane offenses for football as well as a very quality Girls basketball program. As in his letter to the community, the man has invested a lot of his time and energy to help young people succeed in the game of life. And the players loved playing for him. HS sports is going to miss this awesome man in the days to come. Enjoy your well deserved time off Coach Thacker. Take care.
  4. Wow. Sorry to read about your daughter's situation. Everything about it is wrong. Not sure how those people are able to act that way and get away with it. Discrimination and Lying are WRONG!!! I trust that this situation can be resolved in the very near future and your daughter can play the game and enjoy it with her teammates.
  5. Agree totally. Not just in football but in all sports. I have coached both levels and I understand how important teaching youth the correct ways to play their sport is. HS Coaches should Not have to teach basic fundamentals to Freshmen. Too many MS Coaches are there for their glory and do not care much about teaching the fundamentals of the sport. As a MS Coach, one should care about helping develop the player and letting them enjoy it instead of not caring about that and focusing on winning. And to take it further, what about Elementary and Youth coaches? Teach, Teach, Teach. Help them learn the basics of the sport. I enjoyed reading your comments. You should consider posting it on X. A lot of parents, coaches and players would be smart to read and apply what you have said. Thanks for posting this.
  6. That is an example of what I heard. Or a player on a losing team in the first round of playoffs, then transfers to a different team who continues to win. This is ABSOLUTELY SO WRONG. IMO, the rule should state that you can only play for one team in the same season. Unbelievable that this is all being considered.
  7. I have been told that Leah Macy is out with an ACL Injury. Will someone please confirm. I see that she has only played in 16 of Bethlehem's 22 games. If it is true, that is a shame. Hate that a Senior is unable to finish their HS career being injured.
  8. I have had a couple of conversations with others about how they would handle a Lopsided score. Last night, Sacred Heart was up 71-1 at Halftime and the game ended with a score of 86-7. I was told that Kim Mulkey of LSU was at the game to watch her prized recruit. Why would she even come to that game? I know that it is a hard situation for the winning team coach on how to manage the game. But is 71-1 necessary? I do not have any details of the game. But I am bothered by the fact the score was what it was. Does the KHSAA need to make a change on their running clock policy and include the first half? Just curious what others of you think about handling a situation just as this. Thanks for any input.
  9. I hate this for Cole. He was having a great start to the season as one of the top players in the Louisville area. A knock down shooter every time he steps on the floor. Praying for a speedy and full recovery to Coley Swaggg!!!
  10. I continue to wonder why one of the fastest kids in the State does not play on the offensive side of the ball or return any kicks or punts? There is no doubt his speed is a weapon that very few athletes can match. How can you not utilize that? Head Coach has been very successful no doubt. Just can't figure this out.
  11. BULLITT EAST HOOP-A-RAMA NOV. 23RD BULLITT EAST HS - Mt. Washington, Ky. MAIN GYM CCC GYM 8:00-10:00 Spencer Co. vs Green Co. 7:30-10:00 Bullitt East vs. South Oldham 10:00-12:30 Ballard vs. Valley 10:00-12:30 Portland Christian vs. Caverna 12:30-3:00 Mercy vs. Breckenridge Co. 12:30-3:00 PRP vs. Warren East 3:00-5:30 Bardstown vs. Ryle 3:00-5:30 Central vs. Tates Creek 5:30-8:00 Elizabethtown vs. O'boro Catholic 5:30-8:00 Meade Co. vs. Allen Co. Scottsville 8:00-10:30 North Bullitt vs. North Hardin 8:00-10:30 Bullitt Central vs. Trimble Co.
  12. Which player did they lose to injury?
  13. In my opinion, if it is required then it should be enforced. Working in the school system I know that this is a problem. If a school has policies, then administration/teachers/coaches should address them if they are not being followed. I see too many times, where a policy is not enforced and it allows students the opportunity to do what they want. Growing up I was taught that whatever you are told to do, you did that with no hesitation. It has become very difficult to enforce policies when parents offer excuses for their kids instead of holding them accountable. They call administration until they get what they want. On the other hand, there are still many who hold students accountable for all behavior. I admire those people. None of us are perfect, but allowing students to get away with unacceptable behavior does not help them to prepare to live a successful life. I know it is unpopular to hold students accountable, but we must in order to fulfill our duty to teach them what it means to follow all guidelines/policies/standards. Parents please help by doing so at home so that we can make school a better place of learning. And it helps to prepare them for the challenging world that we live in.
  14. My two cents. I like this thought a lot. During breaks while in season, it is difficult to get all kids to stay in town. For many families, this is the only times that they can spend on a vacation together. And we as coaches are not going to win that battle forcing kids to stay home. People need to understand also that teenagers need a mental and physical break from time to time. This is not college. Their bodies are changing and cannot give full effort for long periods of time. Using Tony Holler philosophy - Train them like Fast Cats!!! - Lots of rest and go 100% when you go!!!
  15. This caught me off guard. I knew he was thinking of stepping away from the field but did not expect it today. Coach Clark is a fantastic role model and person who leads by example on and off the field. The success of his teams speak for itself. My son played two years for Coach Clark and I am thankful for the time he spent with him. A fair man of Character who did what was right for the players. Bardstown Football is going to miss him greatly. Congrats Coach Clark on a job well done. I guess you are semi retired. Take care.
  16. I agree. TyTy is one heck of a football player. He may be small in size, but he has a Huge Heart and was made to play football. His quickness to hit holes and speed to make defenders look silly are strong. His willingness to take a hit shows he is not afraid to mix it up inside. He can catch the ball and make big plays that way. He is also a quality defender. I am not sure I have seen any HS kid his size hit as hard as he does. He will not back down from anyone. I would encourage coaches to strongly consider him as one of the state's top running backs. As mentioned when he gets behind a college line, he will be even better. I am anxious to see which school gives him the opportunity to showcase himself at the next level. Good Luck moving forward my friend!!!
  17. I am pulling for the Tigers in this one. As mentioned, they have gotten on a hot streak at the right time. All you have to do is win by one point and advance. Coach Clark will not let them look ahead to next week. I have said all along, TyTy is the most dynamic player in the state that I have seen. With the heart of a lion, he had put this team on his back all season and has produced outstanding results. This game will be no different. Looking forward to seeing the Tigers play a strong game and advance.
  18. Thanks for sharing. The book is very thorough and contains a lot of information. Very well done.
  19. Congrats John on this promotion. Look forward to Bulldog- Charger games.
  20. The grass is NOT always greener on the other side. Recruiting for HS is simply WRONG. Unless special circumstances prevail. A sport reason is not an acceptable reason. C'mon KHSAA, stop the madness. A school that plays with their own kids is at a real disadvantage a lot of the time. Where is the school pride that we all used to have while playing for our local HS? It is just very frustrating to know that a lot of teams are going out and convincing players to leave their home school and transfer to a different school. Good Luck Lyon Co.!!!
  21. Love this picture of TyTy Williams. Look at his calves. This kid has speed upon speed and fears no one. His frame is small and impact but his Heart and Talent are second to none. I look for a tremendous season from him in 2023. Bardstown is still loaded and will make noise no matter what class. Coach Clark and coaches do a tremendous job with those kids. Nothing but success coming from the Tigers!!!
  22. Proud for Travis and family. Following a family pattern of Mom playing for UofL Basketball; Dad playing for WKU Football and Sister currently playing for LaSalle Basketball. Travis is one of the hardest workers I have been around and no doubt the reason for his successes. I know he will continue to put in the work to be a contributor for the Cardinals. Besides his throwing abilities and ability to get rushing yards is his physicality and Speed. Without training last Spring, he stepped on the track and ran a :49 second leg on a 4 x 400 relay. He came through 200 in :22 seconds. He can lay a brutal hit on people from the defensive side of the ball. I look forward to seeing him on the field next season for UofL.
  23. Coach Clark will get Bardstown on the winning track with the talent that he has coming back. TyTY Williams is an All State Running Back. His speed and quickness make him a threat to score every time he touches the ball. More importantly he is a top notch Athlete. Can also catch the ball and on the defensive side he will put some massive hits on his opponents. He is a humble kid that has the biggest heart of most everyone I have seen play HS ball in the last few years. I can't wait to see him produce this coming season. Coaches in Kentucky need to keep an eye on TyTy for his Senior year. Plays basketball and runs track also.
  24. No doubt one of the best HS games I have ever seen. The two stars put on a show. Reed with a Triple Double including 32 points. Travis with 45 points. These two elite players are no doubt at the top of the list when it comes to having the full package. They are unselfish team players that know when it is their turn to shine. If you have not seen either one of them play, you need to look at their schedules and get to one of their games. You will be glad you did. I look forward to hopefully seeing both Lyon Co. and North Laurel at Rupp for the State Tournament.
  25. So happy to see our guy Travis Egan receiving this award. Taking everything into account, he most certainly deserved it. He improved and improved throughout the season leading the Chargers to the playoffs and throughout the playoffs. Had a superior State Final game. Great stats, athletic, tough as can be and a great leader were his DNA. Someone is going to get a heck of a football player. He and his teammates brought great joy to Mt. Washington and those memories are set forever. CONGRATS TRAVIS!!! You earned this with your Hard Work and Discipline to being the best you could be. 6A STATE CHAMPION!!! WE BELIEVED!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.