Open Job: Lincoln County

Text of Facebook post by WPBK-FM. 

Two years ago today, Lincoln County High School hired Josh Jaggers as its 12th head football coach.

Per the press release below, LCHS will be looking for its next football coach.

Jaggers resigned today and told WPBK-FM, “I appreciate all the people who supported the program during my time here. I want nothing but the best for the players, both present and past.”

=======
Press Release:
Lincoln County Football Head Coach Josh Jaggers resigned as head coach today. “We are appreciative of the job Josh has done for us and wish him the best going forward,” said Principal Michael Godbey. The search for the next head football coach will begin immediately.

-LCAthletics-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• theguru changed the title to Open Job: Lincoln County
2 minutes ago, Mr.Network said:

Text of Facebook post by WPBK-FM. 

Two years ago today, Lincoln County High School hired Josh Jaggers as its 12th head football coach.

Per the press release below, LCHS will be looking for its next football coach.

Jaggers resigned today and told WPBK-FM, “I appreciate all the people who supported the program during my time here. I want nothing but the best for the players, both present and past.”

=======
Press Release:
Lincoln County Football Head Coach Josh Jaggers resigned as head coach today. “We are appreciative of the job Josh has done for us and wish him the best going forward,” said Principal Michael Godbey. The search for the next head football coach will begin immediately.

-LCAthletics-

Thanks but I am told all of that is pretty much hogwash and that Jaggers was forced out. 

• Thanks 1

Some Facebook comments from the WPBK-FM announcement. 

Regrettably, some parents have been after this coach all year long. I understand him not wanting to stay where he is not wanted or appreciated. It’s a shame small town (edited) cost these boys a coach that cares about them. It was pretty nice to have a coach that was not impressed with last names but focused on their talent.

Coach Jaggers, I wish you the absolute best and hope to see you again. It’s been an honor.

*Two people responded to the above comment saying it was 100% the truth and a truth bomb.

==========

This county doesn’t surprise me no more honestly. The Parents ran off a very successful coach before he came here, who cared about the kids, the community and the future of Lincoln County Football and was doing his best to get it set in the right direction and they ran him off all because he played kids who deserved it and had the talent that he had available to him and the team instead of playing kids based off whom there parents were.

==========

How many coaches are they going to run off or fire?

==========

Even Larry Vaught got involved:

Larry Vaught - Very surprising. Seems like Josh loved his job.

To which someone responded:

Larry Vaught, he did. His family was very happy here and he loved this team.

==========

I know I probably won't get a straight answer, but why?

Response:  oh honey you know this is the Lincoln county school system who ever gets a straight answer about anything

==========

Rumor says they pink slipped him, fired him but put it as a resign to make it not look so bad to have 3 coaches in 4 years.

==========

It is sad that a person that is 57 years old and lives with his parents is making decisions that affect our student's life's This Pink Parrott needs to go if this is the best he can do! This really makes this community look like a bunch of hillbillies.

This was Lincoln County's guy. If my info is correct, he was the only one interviewed for this job when it came open a couple of years ago. Asst. Coaches very outspoken about the dismay within the program, lack of work ethic, lack of leadership, lack of cohesion. Fights in the field house during school hours, fall break fiasco.... I really doubt this was a mutual parting of ways.