2022 KFCA Mr. Football and KFCA Coach of the Year Awards

theguru

Congrats Travis!  You are probably going to gather up a lot of awards this year. 🙂

Congrats Coach McNamee!

===============

Generally speaking on coach of the year awards, pretty much any state champion coach hits the mark and on occasion a few others.  I know this is one of the toughest things we do each year considering there are so many worthy coaches and Coach McNamee is definitely one of them this year. 

• Like 2

Well deserved from both.

Egan feels like the best possible pick for Mr. Football, given the history made by Bullitt East and how essential Egan was to them. His finals performance put him over the top.

And McNamee has restored Pikeville to elite status. That program is in as good a shape as it's ever been. It's hard to win football games, but even harder when everyone expects you to. They were the heavy favorite all season in 1A and never disappointed.

So happy to see our guy Travis Egan receiving this award. Taking everything into account, he most certainly deserved it. He improved and improved throughout the season leading the Chargers to the playoffs and throughout the playoffs. Had a superior State Final game. Great stats, athletic, tough as can be and a great leader were his DNA. Someone is going to get a heck of a football player. He and his teammates brought great joy to Mt. Washington and those memories are set forever. CONGRATS TRAVIS!!! You earned this with your Hard Work and Discipline to being the best you could be. 6A STATE CHAMPION!!! WE BELIEVED!!!

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Excellent!

Do you have a similar list or thread for the coaches?

That I do not have. Honestly I've never followed that one very closely. No idea if the AP does (or has ever) awarded one of those. I know the KFCA has awarded district coach of the year awards for about 20 years, and at some point they started also naming a coach of the year for each football class, but I'm not even sure when they started naming an overall coach of the year in the state.

• Thanks 1