Who is your school's best Coach of all time?

I would say if a poll were taken amongst FCHS graduates Bobby Hall would be picked as Flemings best coach. I believe there was a student walkout when Hall was let go. People were screaming for Kelly to leave.

The post was about the best coach, not the most popular. Lake Kelly was the best coach of my time. I do remember my father in law talking about the walkout with coach Hall. It's hard to go against Lake Kelly when he won back to back 10th region titles.,

The post was about the best coach, not the most popular. Lake Kelly was the best coach of my time. I do remember my father in law talking about the walkout with coach Hall. It's hard to go against Lake Kelly when he won back to back 10th region titles.,

I will give you that Kelly was a good coach, I have nothing against him. But I still say Hall was better

One reason I picked Larry Allison as one of my favorites is because he had both Girls and Boys program here at Deming. Big job for a big man with the weight of pressure that he had to endure while in this postion.

Gary McKinney did alot of good things here when he was coach.

Best Of All Time - Stan "The Man" Arnzen" I hear 30 years after his death they finally will name the gym after him. By the way what ever happened to Bobby Vanderwho?
Coach Vanderpohl is still going strong .Saw him back in the summer at tower park, he was jogging. Looks like he could be 50.

One reason I picked Larry Allison as one of my favorites is because he had both Girls and Boys program here at Deming. Big job for a big man with the weight of pressure that he had to endure while in this postion.

Gary McKinney did alot of good things here when he was coach.

What about my boy Joe Bayne?

Who was coach when Deming beat Pendleton in the District finals in the mid 90's?...the night Staggs went off!

At Warren Central it's a no-brainer: Tim Riley

Under Tim Riley:

Longest Tenured Coach in Central History

202-87 record (Winningest Coach In Central History, 60 more than runner-up in only one more year of coaching)

.699 Winning Percentage (and that's despite starting 9-41, which translates into a 193-46 record in 7 seasons)

5 District Titles (Consecutive)

5 Regional Titles (Consecutive)

-At one point Warren Central won 56 consecutive regional games

4 time Sweet 16 Quarterfinalists

2 trips to Final Four

1 State Runner-Up finish

1 State Championship

No offense to Gary Turner, but he isn't and wasn't half the coach Phillip Wood was.

How about Woody Crum at Pendleton County. He was only there for 3 to 4 years, but this guy is a KHSAA Hall of Famer and won over 500 games. He also had a great deal of success in Indiana!

Obviously, Phillip Wood accomplished more at Pendleton County then Coach Crum did, but hard to argue w/his career and his numbers!

If you are counting results from other places, then you can add Mike Reitz to the Pendleton list. He was coach at PC for a good 20-30 days one June and even coached them in a scrimmage game.:p