Everything posted by hector
-
Pulaski County/Whitley County
I cannot wait until next years RC bowl. :fight: It should be a Dandy.
-
To the great fans of Bell Co:
As a sports fan somerset I want to see a Bell/ Boyle game. If they do meet up I wish they would play the game at EKU.
-
Two Questions...Let's have some fun.
1) Score more points:D 1)In all honesty it could happen if: A) The favorite comes in overconfident looking forward to a rival matchup "next week" and the underdog stays close and in the end anything can happen. B) Untimely injuries or suspensions to key players in key positions C) Turnovers 2) it has about the same chance of happening as say Villinova beating Georgetown in basketball a few years ago. Its not likely but its possible. I can see Pulaski upsetting Whitley. ( I do not think of PC as lowly however)
-
12th Region: What's new?
I get the Lexington paper for him but he has to get the Louiville one his ownself.:confused:
-
12th Region: What's new?
Coach Jones is a great coach. He gets alot out of his talent. I personally felt like McCreary had the 2nd best team in the region last year. They beat the best team in the region (lincoln Co.) last year at home. If he couldn't coach then they wouldn't have had the records they had the past couple of years. Three years ago he took an average team and made it to the second round of the Region, and took the region champion down to the wire. Coach Jones did a great job that year. Some of your expectations do not match up with reality. McCreary had a nice team two years that was beaten by a good Wayne Co. team AT WAYNE. That gamer went down to the wire. Last year McCreary got upset by a point in the District. You all looked at SW and said they only won 5 games they are aweful. But that wasn't the reality. SW lost several games to some good teams but if you look at the last month of the season they were jelling at the right time. They defeated a good Pulaski County team twice. They were within 5 points of Regional Champion Lincoln Co. with about 2 minutes to go in their game. They defeated a good McCreary County team in the first round of the district on a night everything went right for the warriors. They were ahead of lincoln county after the first quarter in the region. So when you look at this you will that SW was alot better than their record showed. Everybody is judging Coach Jones on the what have you done lately. He is an excellent coach and a good person. McCreary is one of about 8 teams that could represent the 12th region this year at Rupp. UNfortuately for McCreary, Wayne, and Southwestern one of these fine teams that Could make it to Rupp will not even make it to the region. Whichever coach it is (Jones, Woods, or Schulz) it doesn't mean they cant coach , it means that they are in one heck of a tough district, just like the past 3 years.
-
Class 3A - Somerset @ Estill County
I will take Somerset and 100 points. Are we betting a horse farm or dairy farm? Either way I am good.:thumb:
-
North Laurel looking for a new head coach
Coach Allen would make a great Head Coach.
-
Harlan County 38 Somerset 32
Somerset has a load of talent on the Sophomore,Freshman level. They will be a force to be reconed with for the next few years.
-
Who has the longest trip in the first round?
Southwestern to Letcher Co will be quite a ride.
-
2 teams per district
What about just letting the top two ranked teams in each class play in the state championships and do away with playoffs altogether. It works so well in college.:rolleyes:
-
West Jessamine/Pulaski Co.
Which team do you think will benefit from the wet conditions?
-
West Jessamine/Pulaski Co.
I heard today that the AD mandated that Pulaski was NOT allowed to win anymore home games. They cannot continue to repair the visiters locker room. So with the score tied at 0, with 8 seconds left ,on a 2nd and goal from the two. Chris Muse will take the snap and race 108 yards out of the back of the other endzone giving West Jessamine a 2-0 victory.:ylsuper:
-
Boyle Co. 56 Pulaski SW 9
Slink and SWHSwarrior2000 you all aint right. I will say this the program has went downhill from the Coach Milkshake days. I watch Americas 's most wanted and The Dog but I haven't seen or heard from him on those Shows. Last I heard he and Coach Ear ring were applying for the vacant Tenn. job. I can see it now. If the vols win ,everyone with a game ticket gets a small chocolate milkshake from Sonic.
-
Frankfort 35 Danville 31
Good win for the Panthers. The 36 news just showed the last hail mary play and it looked like the Danville receiver was behind the panther D and the ball went through his hands.
-
Ref Question
I agree and the defense crashing through the lines when its obviously a Kneel down play is unnessessary roughness.
-
Ref Question
I wish the ref would have called it back. I would have loved a bogus flag on that play.
-
Ref Question
In a JV game about 10 years back, we were knealing down to run out the clock. We did this on first down, on 2nd down our tight end (unbenounced to me) talked our QB into running a tight end dump .(which went for about 25 yards). I was as mad as I could be at our two players.I had them apologize to the other team after the game. I think the QB lost 10 pounds the next week and the tight end is still running. It was a classless act on our part and gave our program a black eye.
-
Ref Question
Holding on the left Guard.:thumb:
-
When is a player "not eligible" to play
I think it is a situation by situation decision. When I coached several years ago we played two seniors on the JV level early in the year. They were both pretty good athletes that decided to come out for football their senior year. By allowing them to play on the JV level ,it gave them some good game time experience, that benefitted them later in the year, when they had to step in and play on the Varsity level. I think it was the right thing to do for the betterment of our program. What about a freshman that starts at Safety on Friday nights and is the backup Quarterback. I would think it would be ok for him to play QB in JV games to get reps in. So IMO there are some cases when it is OK to "play down".
-
Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?
As an outsider looking in and not knowing the situation... can someone explain to me why Coach Jewell does not want to schedule Bell?
-
Watts out at McCreary
Was it his left arm or right arm that was hurt? I thank God that its going to be a few weeks until hes back, rather than a few months as first reported. Prayers work. I have been around sports a long time, and I have seen teams lose one of their better players and people think the season will head down the drain but in reality the opposite occurs. Several teammates step it up a notch and the team gets better as a result. I wish the raiders luck the rest of the season, but as stated above whats really important is Aarons health. We at SW will continue to pray for his speedy recovery.
-
Watts out at McCreary
This is just terrible news. Southwestern sends its prayers to him for a speedy recovery. He is an outstanding athlete and a nice kid. I have enjoyed watching him grow up in athletics. I hope its his left arm because he is right handed, and maybe that would allow him to get back into action quicker.
-
Pulaski Co. 38 Southwestern 35
I think they just started it within the last 3 years or so. You are right PC should also start doing this.
-
Pulaski Co. 38 Southwestern 35
3 deserving individuals.:thumb: I had the opportunity to coach Scott and DT. They were two special players that led by example.
-
Pulaski Co. 38 Southwestern 35
Anyone know who got inducted this year?