ESPN: Nick Saban takes Alabama job

Toothpick

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised Saban took this job. Good for Alabama though...they landed a gem, IMO, after it wasn't looking good early on in their coaching search.

This should spice up the Alabam/LSU game a little...not quite on the level of Spurrier going to South Carolina, but it should add some drama. And bring Alabama back to national prominence at some point in the future. That is one thing that excites me...

...bad news for Tommy Tubberville, perhaps?

He was already at a powerful SEC school when he coached at LSU....and has a national title to his credit. If he had wanted to coach college football why didn't he just stay at LSU in the first place???

Maybe he was like Spurrier...he wanted to try the NFL. Once he got there, it wasn't what he'd hoped for...whether that be just not as enjoyable, too hard, or whatever...in any case, he realized he liked the college game better and returned.

That, or he was blinded by dollar signs...:lol:

He was already at a powerful SEC school when he coached at LSU....and has a national title to his credit. If he had wanted to coach college football why didn't he just stay at LSU in the first place???

For the chance to coach at the next level, I think he got his taste in the 2 years he was there and didn't like it. Hopefully he will have that success next year, like he did @ LSU.

He better he love Alabama cause he will never get another opportunity in the Pros

I would disagree 100% with this. Should he have success in Tuscaloosa and 3 years downt he road the Cowboys are in the market for a new coach, they would not hesitate to contact him.

How would everyone had him handle the situation? Should he have quit the Dolphins in the last three weeks of the season when they may still have had a chance at the playoffs? I think Bama put him in a bad situation,and I don't see any other way he could have handled it.