ESPN: Nick Saban takes Alabama job

Toothpick

For the chance to coach at the next level, I think he got his taste in the 2 years he was there and didn't like it. Hopefully he will have that success next year, like he did @ LSU.

:thumb: I agree and would love to see him do well Alabama. Saban is a very good coach, that really goes w/o saying. I hope that if sucsessful (which I think that he will be) that he stays at Bama for a long time. If not, the Tide faithful will be sure and let him know.:D I relate the Alabama football job in a lot of ways to the U.K. basketball job - no one is ever satisfied and if you don't go undefeated and win a national title every year it's not good enough for some (the famous 18% U.K. fans;) ). Best of luck to Alabama coach Nick Saban! :thumb:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would everyone had him handle the situation? Should he have quit the Dolphins in the last three weeks of the season when they may still have had a chance at the playoffs? I think Bama put him in a bad situation,and I don't see any other way he could have handled it.

Very good point, I agree.

If I am a recruit I wonder about going to Alabama though if you are going there because of Saban, I mean whats to say he isnt going to leave in 2 or 3 years. He was at LSU for 4 I think, Miami for 2, seems like he hops around ALOT. I would have to second guess myself of him staying there for along time if I was going to be attending Bama.

He was already at a powerful SEC school when he coached at LSU....and has a national title to his credit. If he had wanted to coach college football why didn't he just stay at LSU in the first place???

Why didn't Pitino just stay at UK? Some coaches like the challenge of the next level and then realize they can't hack it.

Great for the Crimson Tide. I am curious to see if Saban gets the same treatment if he goes 6-6 after a succsesful year. I think this is good for Alabama but I think Shula was a good Football Coach.

The Tides gonna Roll,

Yoter

Talk about a stab in the Dolphins back, a shame to do that to Wayne, he is a good owner for coaches

From what I've read, Wayne isn't looking at it that way. He said there's a lot more to it than what is being reported by the media. He said he obviously doesn't like his decision, but he supports it, and he will always support Saban. As others have said, Alabama put Saban in a bad spot. He's not going to accept when he's got 3 weeks left in the season and a shot at the playoffs. I would've liked to have seen him at Miami for a couple more years to see what he could do at the pro level, but it's obvious the college game is better for him. I think Alabama got the coach they wanted, and in a couple years, they'll be right back into the thick of things.

Thick of things? They havent been in the thick of things since Alexander was in the backfield. Auburn, who is a pretty good football team, has been beating them all over the field for the last six years and they arent really in the thick of things. Ive been an alabama since birth but they have bigger issues to deal with than a football coach. Like possibly Mal Moore, Bryant Jr., etc. The fact is neither Saban or all of the millions of dollars they are willing to pay can fix it.

Great for the Crimson Tide. I am curious to see if Saban gets the same treatment if he goes 6-6 after a succsesful year. I think this is good for Alabama but I think Shula was a good Football Coach.

The Tides gonna Roll,

Yoter

I agree. Shula will not be without a job very long and I hope Saban has success in a very tradition rich Alabama football program.