Bengals 34 Chiefs 31

1 minute ago, oldgrappler said:

Congrats to Cincinnati.  

But that was a bone head call to go for it on 4th down when a FG wins it.  They had to rely on a penalty to stay in possession.  They were very fortunate.

That was the equivalent of drawing a 19 in Black Jack and asking for the dealer to “hit me” twice (somehow drawing two aces). Oh yeah, and the house was holding an 18.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

My goodness I think that last 2 minutes took at least 5 years off my life. Now I hope Joe is not hurt to bad at least he won't have to play next week.

Between yesterday's Ohio State game and today's Bengals' game, I feel like I've taken 2 stress tests.  And I've used up all my favors from the Lord for the entire year in just the first 2 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

And one of the best side notes on that win, all those naysayers who still have their heads stuck in the Bengals of 20 years ago can't come in here with the same old tired crap that has nothing to do with the current Bengals.

I'm sure that would be me and you don't have to go back 20 years.

I'm still glad that this was not a Nationally televised prime time game.  Baby steps.

Burrow is a treasure.  After suffering through Dudley all those years, it is nice to have a bona fide championship caliber quarterback and a corps of receivers who can get the job done.  Get him some protection on the O-line and it could be fun around here for a few years.

We always seem to be on a mountain when we fall.  We will see how it goes.  Right now I'm happy for those of you who have never had the opportunity to be happy about something like this.

Next baby step is to win a playoff game.

• Like 5

Very happy for the Bengals. Joe Burrow is clearly the best quarterback in the AFC North and one of the best in all of the NFL. It’s equally impressive how well he’s played with the sacks and pressure he’s faced all season. With that in mind, Cincinnati MUST do a hell of a better job with protecting him and their needs to focus primarily on after the season is over is OL. Burrow will not be able to do this season to season taking the kind of sacks and pressure that he has. He’s already shown how phenomenal of a quarterback he is and he can do even more so. 

• Like 3