Bengals 34 Chiefs 31

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

And one of the best side notes on that win, all those naysayers who still have their heads stuck in the Bengals of 20 years ago can't come in here with the same old tired crap that has nothing to do with the current Bengals.

Very well put, exactly what I was thinking. 
Burrow said 3 weeks those old Bengals don’t exist anymore!!!  He’s one of those guys that wants to rip your heart out and stomp on it!!  LOVE HIM!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

That was the equivalent of drawing a 19 in Black Jack and asking for the dealer to “hit me” twice (somehow drawing two aces). Oh yeah, and the house was holding an 18.

3 hours ago, oldgrappler said:

Congrats to Cincinnati.  

But that was a bone head call to go for it on 4th down when a FG wins it.  They had to rely on a penalty to stay in possession.  They were very fortunate.

I have to disagree. I think it was 100% the correct call to go for it on 4th down. I believe there was 50 seconds left at the time. Even with no timeouts that’s plenty of time for the Chiefs with Mahomes to get in field goal range. They have a kicker who is one of the best with a big leg. You go for the field goal there, then you’re kicking yourself once the Chiefs tie it up to go to overtime. 

You are a half yard away from basically sealing it with a touchdown. Getting a touchdown with 50 seconds left and no timeouts is a lot harder than a field goal. So I 100% agree with the decision to go for it. Now I do think they should have ran it though instead of passing. Make the Chiefs have to stop you 4 straight times from a half yard out. 

I have said all year I will always much rather my coach play aggressive. It was definitely the right decision, possibly disagree on the play call itself. 

Who Dey!

21 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Who else thinks Burrow shouldn’t play next week??

I would definitely rest him. The chances of getting the one seed is slim. So at this point let’s just be as healthy as possibly going into the playoffs!

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I have to disagree. I think it was 100% the correct call to go for it on 4th down. I believe there was 50 seconds left at the time. Even with no timeouts that’s plenty of time for the Chiefs with Mahomes to get in field goal range. They have a kicker who is one of the best with a big leg. You go for the field goal there, then you’re kicking yourself once the Chiefs tie it up to go to overtime. 

You are a half yard away from basically sealing it with a touchdown. Getting a touchdown with 50 seconds left and no timeouts is a lot harder than a field goal. So I 100% agree with the decision to go for it. Now I do think they should have ran it though instead of passing. Make the Chiefs have to stop you 4 straight times from a half yard out. 

I have said all year I will always much rather my coach play aggressive. It was definitely the right decision, possibly disagree on the play call itself. 

Who Dey!

For a few moments, it reminded me of the 1982 Super Bowl when the Bengals couldn't score with 4 downs from the 3 yard line against the 49ers.  Glad to see that things worked out for them today.  I was very glad that the Bengals handled the last play prior to the FG correctly.  Allen spiked the ball rather than taking a knee.  With no timeouts, if he had taken a knee and had the clock run out, that would have been one of the all-time worst mistakes ever.

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

Thank goodness Cincinnati wasted that first round pick on Chase.  11 catches for 266.  Too bad he has the drops.   What a hack.   LOL

Obviously, we should have drafted Sewell.🤣

A couple of things that I mentioned at the start of the game. The Bengals are 3-0 on the season when wearing their orange jerseys and now the Chiefs are 0-5 all-time at PBS.

Finally this is the 4th time in Bengal history that they have went from worst to first in their division (1970, 1982, 1989, & 2021) The last two times 1982 and 1989 we went to the Super Bowl. Who Dey!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Who else thinks Burrow shouldn’t play next week??

I would think a win over the Browns would be huge if they beat the Steelers tonight. Momentum is important going into the playoffs. More likely people test positive than get injured anymore.

It didn't bother me that they went for it on 4th down, but I was shocked that they tried to pass on it.  I know you could say, well they stop them running the three downs before but I'm not all that sure they tried to get in on the first two downs.

Oh well, worked out!

• Like 1