Bengals 34 Chiefs 31

2 hours ago, The Professor said:

The coach made an odd decision to not kick a field goal on 4th down to take the lead.  He was lucky a penalty bailed him out of a poor decision. I don’t think another coach in the NFL would have made that same call.

He made the correct decision going for it. Kicking the field goal there with 50 seconds left you would be basically asking for overtime. 50 seconds would have been easy for the Chiefs to get in field goal range with Mahomes. I will take my coach being aggressive every day of the week. 

16 hours ago, The Raven said:

Thank goodness Cincinnati wasted that first round pick on Chase.  11 catches for 266.  Too bad he has the drops.   What a hack.   LOL

Guilty on that one. I thought they should take Sewell.

As to drops, Chase does have a drops problem. Last time I checked, he was among the league leaders in dropped passes. But, he certainly more than offsets that with all his positives.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Guilty on that one. I thought they should take Sewell.

As to drops, Chase does have a drops problem. Last time I checked, he was among the league leaders in dropped passes. But, he certainly more than offsets that with all his positives.

This whole "drops" thing is a bunch of hogwash anyway.

He's got 9, while Keenan Allen and Robbie Anderson each have 7.  Chase averages 18.1 yards per catch, while Allen is 10.9, and Anderson is 10.2.  Chase has 13 TD's, while Allen and Anderson have 7 each.

We're going to throw a fit over 2 extra drops?!?  Heck, Tyreek Hill has 6 drops and 9 TD's, and he's a guy every dang team would want to have on their squad.

A mountain being made out of a mole hill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Anyone surprised that the Chiefs didn't just let the Bengals score when they got first and goal inside the 1?  I honestly thought they may pull Burrow into the endzone on that first QB dive.

I said the exact same thing.  I thought for sure the DLine would have been pulling him in.

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I said the exact same thing.  I thought for sure the DLine would have been pulling him in.

Yeah, I thought for sure we'd hear Tony slurping the brilliance of Andy Reid to do the unconventional.  "Jim, when you've got Patrick Mahomes on your team, you don't want to finish the game with him on the bench. This gives you a chance to win it with a touchdown and a 2-point conversion."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

This whole "drops" thing is a bunch of hogwash anyway.

He's got 9, while Keenan Allen and Robbie Anderson each have 7.  Chase averages 18.1 yards per catch, while Allen is 10.9, and Anderson is 10.2.  Chase has 13 TD's, while Allen and Anderson have 7 each.

We're going to throw a fit over 2 extra drops?!?  Heck, Tyreek Hill has 6 drops and 9 TD's, and he's a guy every dang team would want to have on their squad.

A mountain being made out of a mole hill.

Did you read my post?

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I didn't make it up. With him, every drop is a possible TD. As I said in the post above, his positives far outweigh the drops.

Just stop it with the drops! 

• Haha 1

While I don't want to get entwined in a lengthy back and forth with @futurecoach, the call at the end of the game to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG was not the right call.  Take the "sure" points, you go ahead and force KC to score in 50 seconds.  It is pretty difficult to get a TD in 50 seconds.  They may get in FG range.  But they have to make the kick.  So worst case scenario, you go into overtime.  Likely scenario, you win the game with a FG.  

Zach Taylor chose not to kick the FG and the attempt to score a TD on 4th down actually failed, twice.  And they still got another play!  Penalties gave the Bengals life when they could have just as easily have turned the ball over on downs.  In addition, KC says the officials missed a flinch by the Cinci guard on third down.  That would have moved the ball back to the 6 yard line.  HC Zach Taylor is very fortunate that offsetting penalties were called and he got a do-over.  What are the chances of that?  Exceedingly slim.  Had he not got the benefit from the ref, the game goes to overtime.  The outcome was fortuitous.  It had very little to do with Taylor making the right call.  The best way to win was to kick the FG.  Which is what happened, btw.  Taylor was lucky, not smart.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgrappler said:

While I don't want to get entwined in a lengthy back and forth with @futurecoach, the call at the end of the game to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG was not the right call.  Take the "sure" points, you go ahead and force KC to score in 50 seconds.  It is pretty difficult to get a TD in 50 seconds.  They may get in FG range.  But they have to make the kick.  So worst case scenario, you go into overtime.  Likely scenario, you win the game with a FG.  

Zach Taylor chose not to kick the FG and the attempt to score a TD on 4th down actually failed, twice.  And they still got another play!  Penalties gave the Bengals life when they could have just as easily have turned the ball over on downs.  In addition, KC says the officials missed a flinch by the Cinci guard on third down.  That would have moved the ball back to the 6 yard line.  HC Zach Taylor is very fortunate that offsetting penalties were called and he got a do-over.  What are the chances of that?  Exceedingly slim.  Had he not got the benefit from the ref, the game goes to overtime.  The outcome was fortuitous.  It had very little to do with Taylor making the right call.  The best way to win was to kick the FG.  Which is what happened, btw.  Taylor was lucky, not smart.  

We will have to agree to disagree, because He was 100% right to go for it. The play call itself is debatable, but the decision to go for it was correct. You play to win the game! You are less than a half yard away from winning right then and there. You kick the field goal and there is a good chance you are going to overtime. 50 seconds for an offense like the Chiefs with Mahomes at QB and one of the best kickers in the NFL with a huge leg is plenty of time to get in field goal range. You see it all the time top QBs easily moving the ball down field. Shoot Tom Brady at 44 years old led his team to a touchdown last week from 80 yards away with no timeouts. So very good chance Mahomes would have at least led them to field goal range. So you most likely are going to overtime, and then having to hope you win the coin toss, or you possibly don’t even get a chance in overtime. By going for it you basically win it if you get it, and at worst they are pinned at the half yard line and you are going to overtime. Not to mention the kickoff team was struggling big time in the game, so if you kick the field goal. The Chiefs at worst is getting the ball at the 25 yard line and most likely even better than that. 

Also on that first 4th down call Mixon actually did score. Which if it wasn’t for off setting penalties, the play would have been reviewed and would have been a touchdown.