Open Job: Notre Dame

TheDeuce

Something else to consider... Notre Dame's Matt Balis (Strength Coach) was retained today and told the players he is staying. 

Luke Fickell isn't leaving UC without bringing Brady Collins with him to be Director of Strength Performance. 

Also saw that Freeman is expected to interview for the Duke opening. Notre Dame could end up in a bad spot if they don't make a decision within the next week. 

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

I’m hearing OSU has reached out to Marcus Freeman behind the scenes about the DC job, if ND is slow playing him.  

Saw the same...and they're trying to get it done quick before he has an opportunity to interview or take the ND opening or any other job. Word is Barnes and Coombs will be retained as position coaches. 

What would they then do with LJ and Al Washington?

FWIW, Tom Loy doesn't think there's anything to the Freeman to OSU stuff and didn't mention Fick in his evening update.

6 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I know I posted the same tweet but after digging around a little, Dodd has no inside info on that take. His tweet was based off Swarbrick's comments during his morning presser and how he took what was said.  Dodd is the same guy who posted the tweet below a week ago. 

20211201_031441.jpg

16 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

FFdo5IMX0AUai2U.jpg

As a long time Notre Dame fan, my pick isn't on this list.

I think they should go after John Harbaugh, I would love to see that yearly brotherly war with Michigan.

If I did go off this list, I would say Fitzgerald makes the most sense for the program. He already deals with high academia and showed that he knows what it takes to win. 

• Like 1

I feel pretty confident it's going to be Freeman.  It's just taking some time to get all the details ironed out, and to see how much of the staff is staying.  It's earlier than they planned, but I think he was always part of the plans for next HC.

The support for Freeman from recruits, and current/former players is amazing. 

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Ain't that an interesting twist.

Not at all. Figured Coombs was out after early season change on sidelines. Freeman seems to be a popular man, but ND defense struggled in the early season.

32 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Not at all. Figured Coombs was out after early season change on sidelines. Freeman seems to be a popular man, but ND defense struggled in the early season.

They did struggle, but part of that could have been with the new schemes, etc.