Open Job: Notre Dame

TheDeuce

34 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

As an Irish fan my only fear with Freeman is that it becomes another Bob Davie situation, which began a dark ages of Notre Dame coaches until Kelly.  Notre Dame is a tough gig to cut your teeth on as a first head job.

In the past 60 years, Notre Dame has hired three guys with no FBS head coaching experience:

• Weis:  35-27
• Davie:  35-25
• Faust:  30-26-1

15 combined years, just one 10-win season.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

In the past 60 years, Notre Dame has hired three guys with no FBS head coaching experience:

• Weis:  35-27
• Davie:  35-25
• Faust:  30-26-1

15 combined years, just one 10-win season.

I think, or so I hope and believe that this changes with him.     Great info by the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

As an Irish fan my only fear with Freeman is that it becomes another Bob Davie situation, which began a dark ages of Notre Dame coaches until Kelly.  Notre Dame is a tough gig to cut your teeth on as a first head job.

This! Wouldn’t be the first time someone who was a great recruiter, or a great coordinator ended up not being a good Head Coach. With that said players seem to love him and he has had success on the defensive side. So hopefully he will be a great head coach too. If he can be successful if truly can change things for the better having a young, talented, energetic coach leading the way. 

• Like 1