Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alec Baldwin Shooting

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:


Per the Dailey Mail:

The crew on Alec Baldwin's movie set were already concerned about gun safety before he accidentally shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, and the prop master in charge of the firearm that killed her had reportedly just joined the crew after a union walkout.

Unionized workers had walked off the set hours before the fatal shooting, after they complained about long hours, shoddy conditions and another safety incident days earlier involving 'two misfires' of a prop weapon. 
 

And the yet-unnamed prop master who oversaw the gun used in the fatal shooting was a nonunion worker who was 'just brought in' to replace the workers who left over safety concerns, a source involved in the movie told the New York Post. 

Sounds like the “original gun guy/s” felt so insecure about their safety they left.  When the real “gun guys” leave due to safety concerns, it’s time to put the guns up…

This was supposed to be quoted in my prior post. 

  • Replies 159
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Unless Baldwin tampered with the gun and/or put real ammo in it I don't see how he can be charged with anything.  Now civilly the movie company it going to have to empty their pockets.  

  • OMG, can you say Murder, She Wrote. 

Posted Images

I just watched a movie gun expert talk about it and listened to several more "rumors" coming from the cast/crew and it keeps getting worse and worse.

If all the stories coming out prove to be true, Alec Baldwin the actor maybe innocent of this.  Alec Baldwin the producer, on the other hand, he may be looking at some serious problems.

2 minutes ago, The Raven said:

If all the stories coming out prove to be true, Alec Baldwin the actor maybe innocent of this.  Alec Baldwin the producer, on the other hand, he may be looking at some serious problems.

I can't imagine how big the civil numbers will be.  Somebody will have to pay. 

12 hours ago, theguru said:

I can't imagine how big the civil numbers will be.  Somebody will have to pay. 

By all accounts this was a low budget film that they were trying to make lower budget as it went on. Other than Baldwin I’m not sure how much money there is to go after. 

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

By all accounts this was a low budget film that they were trying to make lower budget as it went on. Other than Baldwin I’m not sure how much money there is to go after. 

I would assume there has to be some type of insurance that covers firearm play on a movie set.  

I wonder how the Hollywood world works when it comes to that. 

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would assume there has to be some type of insurance that covers firearm play on a movie set.  

I wonder how the Hollywood world works when it comes to that. 

Speaking of Hollywood, they’ve been quiet.  Which is interesting because they usually vilify guns as soon as they can.  I did see that ABC tv show “The Rookie” announced that they won’t allow “live” guns on set anymore and would be using air soft instead. I get it but also see that as a knee jerk reaction.  Which is also par for the course for anything Hollywood. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:09 PM, sportsfan41 said:

Speaking of Hollywood, they’ve been quiet.  Which is interesting because they usually vilify guns as soon as they can.  I did see that ABC tv show “The Rookie” announced that they won’t allow “live” guns on set anymore and would be using air soft instead. I get it but also see that as a knee jerk reaction.  Which is also par for the course for anything Hollywood. 

Hollywood is a complete joke.

baldwin.jpg

  • Author
22 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Yes, that’s why I said nobody must have checked it including Baldwin.  I’m still not saying it’s his fault.  Very few actors are real gun guys, like Keanu Reeves, or Michael B. Jordan.  It was probably the 100th time someone handed Baldwin a gun and he went through his normal motions.

May work out as not being his fault under the letter of the law, but one thing I believe is anytime I’m handed a gun I’m checking and aware of what is going on with it. Is a round chambered? Is the magazine loaded or empty? Etc

I do firmly believe that it was an accident and he feels awful. I’ve seen people mocking his statement of sorry to the family, but I believe he is truly grieving.

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

May work out as not being his fault under the letter of the law, but one thing I believe is anytime I’m handed a gun I’m checking and aware of what is going on with it. Is a round chambered? Is the magazine loaded or empty? Etc

I do firmly believe that it was an accident and he feels awful. I’ve seen people mocking his statement of sorry to the family, but I believe he is truly grieving.

I am not sure, again, it wasn't other actors and why would you be aiming and firing any gun at anyone behind the scenes on a movie set?

5 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

May work out as not being his fault under the letter of the law, but one thing I believe is anytime I’m handed a gun I’m checking and aware of what is going on with it. Is a round chambered? Is the magazine loaded or empty? Etc

I do firmly believe that it was an accident and he feels awful. I’ve seen people mocking his statement of sorry to the family, but I believe he is truly grieving.

He's an actor. He's doing what actors do.

How many shots were fired?
At what distance?
What type of projectiles were used?
What part of the script told him to aim at the director?

6 hours ago, Bluto said:

How many shots were fired?
At what distance?
What type of projectiles were used?
What part of the script told him to aim at the director?

All extremely good questions. I can think of a LOT of movies where you see people pointing and/or shooting guns directly at the camera as if the camera was a "bad guy." And how often is the director sitting or standing next to or very near the cameraman/cinematographer trying to see the shot from the same perpective during filming? I would think it's a lot.

I do know from a very brief stint as a part-time stagehand at Cincinnati's Ensemble Theater that there are two types of stage guns. One type of stage gun has a blocked or solid barrel, in which case the charge is only there for the "bang" and upon firing, the gun discharges gas out of the ejector port or out of the breech, depending on the type of gun. The other type is a "flash gun," made to show the muzzle blast, and it has a hollow barrel so the blank round gives a visible muzzle flash out of end of the barrel.

Both are considered very dangerous because the solid barrel stage gun expels gas at a very high rate of speed out of the port/breech...and those have been known to blow misplaced fingers off of the users' hand, and the flash guns have a charge with the capability of firing any wadding or foreign objects in the barrel out of the barrel at a fairly dangerous velocity if someone is standing in close range. Either way, things have the potential to go very wrong.

6 hours ago, Bluto said:

He's an actor. He's doing what actors do.

I think Baldwin is genuinely sick knowing what happened and is grieving. I think any human would do the same.

Maybe his public statement was "coached" a little to make sure he apologized or expressed concern for all the right people...but even so, I still think the guy genuinely does feel awful about it.

  • Author

Just read up on this some more, but can’t figure out how to link the story while on my phone.

Apparently, not only had the union workers left the set for safety reasons forcing them to rely on scab workers, but the union workers had left because the same firearm had fired up to 2 live rounds (hitting no one) on set the day before. 
 

If the above is true, I’d imagine there is a criminal charge somewhere. I’m still not sure that is to Baldwin, but someone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.