Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alec Baldwin Shooting

Featured Replies

35 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I'm by no means an expert in weaponry...but, it's still pretty easy to differentiate between blanks and live ammunition, isn't it?  I mean, there's no projectile/slug, right?  Aren't the ends of the bullet casing visually distinct?

I mean, Joe Q. Public may not initially recognize a blank from a live round...but, I'd think anyone who's supposed to be the "expert" on set, should.  Which then leads to some other difficult questions down the line.

1.) Was the armorer really an expert?

2.) Were proper protocols followed?

3.) Did someone want to sabotage the film?

4.) Did someone really want someone else to get shot?

5. Will Alec Baldwin play himself in the movie

  • Replies 159
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Unless Baldwin tampered with the gun and/or put real ammo in it I don't see how he can be charged with anything.  Now civilly the movie company it going to have to empty their pockets.  

  • OMG, can you say Murder, She Wrote. 

Posted Images

On 11/5/2021 at 9:01 AM, CincySportsFan said:

I'm by no means an expert in weaponry...but, it's still pretty easy to differentiate between blanks and live ammunition, isn't it?  I mean, there's no projectile/slug, right?  Aren't the ends of the bullet casing visually distinct?

I mean, Joe Q. Public may not initially recognize a blank from a live round...but, I'd think anyone who's supposed to be the "expert" on set, should.  Which then leads to some other difficult questions down the line.

1.) Was the armorer really an expert?

2.) Were proper protocols followed?

3.) Did someone want to sabotage the film?

4.) Did someone really want someone else to get shot?

24 year old girl who’s father I think had a lot of credibility in the industry, or something like that.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, theguru said:

Hollywood is a complete joke.

baldwin.jpg

I know, me quoting me, but wow it looks like he may in fact be blaming the gun.  George Stephanopoulos interviewed Baldwin for ABC News and Baldwin said quote:

“I didn't pull the trigger,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never.”

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I know, me quoting me, but wow it looks like he may in fact be blaming the gun.  George Stephanopoulos interviewed Baldwin for ABC News and Baldwin said quote:

“I didn't pull the trigger,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never.”

Ahhhhhhh, the gun shot itself. Of course, Alec, of course.

14 hours ago, theguru said:

I know, me quoting me, but wow it looks like he may in fact be blaming the gun.  George Stephanopoulos interviewed Baldwin for ABC News and Baldwin said quote:

“I didn't pull the trigger,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never.”

Wait, so he's saying there's a second shooter?

This has all the makings of a Maury Povich special..."The ballistics results are in, and you, Alec Baldwin...are definitely the shooter!"

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Wait, so he's saying there's a second shooter?

This has all the makings of a Maury Povich special..."The ballistics results are in, and you, Alec Baldwin...are definitely the shooter!"

Who knows what he is saying.  

Over time I think some people are able to convince themselves of things disconnected with reality. 

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

Who knows what he is saying.  

Over time I think some people are able to convince themselves of things disconnected with reality. 

I've seen the headline on multiple outlets, but I think it would be good to see the actual interview to get a sense of how he was framing that response. Maybe he has lost it? Who knows?

I know people love to hate on Baldwin for a host of reasons (I am not a fan myself and believe he has serious anger issues), but the giddiness some are getting out of him shooting this lady is beyond disturbing. I can't imagine what he is going through.

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I've seen the headline on multiple outlets, but I think it would be good to see the actual interview to get a sense of how he was framing that response. Maybe he has lost it? Who knows?

I know people love to hate on Baldwin for a host of reasons (I am not a fan myself and believe he has serious anger issues), but the giddiness some are getting out of him shooting this lady is beyond disturbing. I can't imagine what he is going through.

I think he is trying to somehow convince himself he doesn't have any responsibility for the shooting.

I do think he is a victim too and I can't imagine what he is going through either. 

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think he is trying to somehow convince himself he doesn't have any responsibility for the shooting.

I do think he is a victim too and I can't imagine what he is going through either. 

Most likely.

When he says "I didn't pull the trigger," I don't know if he means it in the sense "I am not a murderer and Alec Baldwin would never intentionally do something like that" or if he literally means the gun just randomly went off, which is what it is being made out to be. I wouldn't think the latter, but distressed people can convince themselves of a lot of whacky stuff. Again, I can't imagine what he is going through. There is not enough therapy out there that would be able to get me through something like this.

Just now, bugatti said:

Most likely.

When he says "I didn't pull the trigger," I don't know if he means it in the sense "I am not a murderer and Alec Baldwin would never intentionally do something like that" or if he literally means the gun just randomly went off, which is what it is being made out to be.

I would imagine he will have opportunities to explain himself in civil court and maybe criminal court. 

Honestly I can't even understand why he is talking about it with anyone outside of his attorneys. 

From Forbes.com:

Rust assistant director Dave Halls backed up Alec Baldwin's claim that he didn't pull the trigger of the gun that shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, an attorney for Halls said Thursday, adding to the mystery of how a gun with live ammunition ended up killing someone on the movie set.

"His finger was never in the trigger guard.” 

Torraco said Halls told her it was a “misfire” and “a pure accident — freak, awful accident [that] unfortunately killed somebody.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2021/12/02/alec-did-not-pull-that-trigger-rust-assistant-director-backs-up-baldwins-claim-about-shooting/?sh=7cf0c90045ea

==================

I am just sitting here scratching my head.  

I guess they are all claiming the gun fired on its own.

I did hear a news report claiming the armorer said one of the rounds she put in the gun didn't originally fit in the gun but she cleaned it up (or something like that) and put it in the gun.  Yikes!

The fact that real guns are still used in major productions is the most shocking part of all this to me.

I honestly though the guns used in movies were 3d printed or machined in some other way. 

On 12/1/2021 at 4:43 PM, theguru said:

I know, me quoting me, but wow it looks like he may in fact be blaming the gun.  George Stephanopoulos interviewed Baldwin for ABC News and Baldwin said quote:

“I didn't pull the trigger,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never.”

Looks like the interview airs tonight at 8:00.
 

 

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Looks like the interview airs tonight at 8:00.
 

 

I am definitely interested to hear more but with others saying the same thing we already know what the narrative is here.

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am definitely interested to hear more but with others saying the same thing we already know what the narrative is here.

If the "journalist" (HA!) and the producer don't skewer him royally in the segment, they're as stupid as he is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.