Alec Baldwin Shooting

ChickenWyngz

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Unless Baldwin tampered with the gun and/or put real ammo in it I don't see how he can be charged with anything. 

Now civilly the movie company it going to have to empty their pockets.  

The more I think about this the more I wonder if Baldwin may have a legal issue.  The two people shot were not actors, correct, they were a cinematographer and wounded a director.

Also, from Breitbart:

Santa Fe County, New Mexico, Sheriff Adan Mendoza put forward a press release Thursday night announcing that 42-year-old Halyna Hutchins died after actor Alec Baldwin discharged a prop gun. The release says the investigation remains “open and active.”

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This seems like a very broad sweeping generalization. I doubt many, if any, on this board have a clue how prop weapons in feature films are regulated and managed.

My point is a real firearm person would know how to assemble, dissemble, verify real rounds, manipulate weapons as necessary on prop/real guns, then hand it to the Hollywood people who only touch them because a fat paycheck is involved.  It’s sort of like anti-skydiving people loading chutes.

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

My point is a real firearm person would know how to assemble, dissemble, verify real rounds, manipulate weapons as necessary on prop/real guns, then hand it to the Hollywood people who only touch them because a fat paycheck is involved.  It’s sort of like anti-skydiving people loading chutes.

What is your definition of a "real firearm person?"

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What is your definition of a "real firearm person?"

I’d start with people who don’t outright hate them.  Handling any type of a gun is a serious responsibility.  If you’re only doing it for a paycheck, chances are you don’t know anything about it.

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

I’d start with people who don’t outright hate them.  Handling any type of a gun is a serious responsibility.  If you’re only doing it for a paycheck, chances are you don’t know anything about it.

There's a whole lot of assumption and generalization going on there. 

I guarantee you could find a "real firearm person" who wouldn't know a fake gun if you put it in their hand. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

There's a whole lot of assumption and generalization going on there. 

I guarantee you could find a "real firearm person" who wouldn't know a fake gun if you put it in their hand. 

They would also know how to do a press check, clear the mag and reload it to check the rounds, and they’d also know the 4 universal safety firearm rules.

They would also know how to do a press check, clear the mag and reload it to check the rounds, and they’d also know the 4 universal safety firearm rules.

You're telling me every person that handles a gun knows how to do all that, and does it EVERY time? Surely you don't believe that. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You're telling me every person that handles a gun knows how to do all that, and does it EVERY time? Surely you don't believe that. 

I’d like to think they know the firearm safety rules and how to load a magazine.  Maybe I’m wrong?  Maybe it’s just irony an actor, so someone pretending, accidentally shot someone with a gun that they don’t support.  I feel like it was preventable.

It’s also why I said they should have a gun person on site.  Guru, said they typically do.  Maybe he or she wasn’t there that day?

I’d like to think they know the firearm safety rules and how to load a magazine.  Maybe I’m wrong?  Maybe it’s just irony an actor, so someone pretending, accidentally shot someone with a gun that they don’t support.  I feel like it was preventable.

It’s also why I said they should have a gun person on site.  Guru, said they typically do.  Maybe he or she wasn’t there that day?

Accidental shootings happen all the time with "real gun people." 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

That works for me. I was just making sure we weren't talking about Joe Schmoe who has guns. 

Right, I will add I have 20 years of experience and have been trained by just about everyone you could imagine (including military special forces) and I don't even consider myself "a real firearm person."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Accidental shootings happen all the time with "real gun people." 

Agreed, but when you have a designated set of people like Hollywood who really want nothing to do with guns, other than to score a paycheck, I feel like it can be a recipe for disaster.  Hopefully, something changes, I thought after Brandon Lee it would have.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, I will add I have 20 years of experience and have been trained by just about everyone you could imagine (including military special forces) and I don't even consider myself "a real firearm person."

I have a few guns and I feel like unless I was handling them all every single day there's no way I'd even come close to feeling like I didn't have something to learn.

I plan on taking several classes for each gun I have to improve my skills. 

Agreed, but when you have a designated set of people like Hollywood who really want nothing to do with guns, other than to score a paycheck, I feel like it can be a recipe for disaster.  Hopefully, something changes, I thought after Brandon Lee it would have.

It's obviously not as bad as you claim it to be, because this isn't a regular occurrence.