Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alec Baldwin Shooting

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Unless Baldwin tampered with the gun and/or put real ammo in it I don't see how he can be charged with anything. 

Now civilly the movie company it going to have to empty their pockets.  

The more I think about this the more I wonder if Baldwin may have a legal issue.  The two people shot were not actors, correct, they were a cinematographer and wounded a director.

Also, from Breitbart:

Santa Fe County, New Mexico, Sheriff Adan Mendoza put forward a press release Thursday night announcing that 42-year-old Halyna Hutchins died after actor Alec Baldwin discharged a prop gun. The release says the investigation remains “open and active.”

  • Replies 159
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Unless Baldwin tampered with the gun and/or put real ammo in it I don't see how he can be charged with anything.  Now civilly the movie company it going to have to empty their pockets.  

  • OMG, can you say Murder, She Wrote. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This seems like a very broad sweeping generalization. I doubt many, if any, on this board have a clue how prop weapons in feature films are regulated and managed.

My point is a real firearm person would know how to assemble, dissemble, verify real rounds, manipulate weapons as necessary on prop/real guns, then hand it to the Hollywood people who only touch them because a fat paycheck is involved.  It’s sort of like anti-skydiving people loading chutes.

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

My point is a real firearm person would know how to assemble, dissemble, verify real rounds, manipulate weapons as necessary on prop/real guns, then hand it to the Hollywood people who only touch them because a fat paycheck is involved.  It’s sort of like anti-skydiving people loading chutes.

What is your definition of a "real firearm person?"

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What is your definition of a "real firearm person?"

I’d start with people who don’t outright hate them.  Handling any type of a gun is a serious responsibility.  If you’re only doing it for a paycheck, chances are you don’t know anything about it.

 

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

I’d start with people who don’t outright hate them.  Handling any type of a gun is a serious responsibility.  If you’re only doing it for a paycheck, chances are you don’t know anything about it.

 

There's a whole lot of assumption and generalization going on there. 

I guarantee you could find a "real firearm person" who wouldn't know a fake gun if you put it in their hand. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

There's a whole lot of assumption and generalization going on there. 

I guarantee you could find a "real firearm person" who wouldn't know a fake gun if you put it in their hand. 

They would also know how to do a press check, clear the mag and reload it to check the rounds, and they’d also know the 4 universal safety firearm rules.

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

They would also know how to do a press check, clear the mag and reload it to check the rounds, and they’d also know the 4 universal safety firearm rules.

You're telling me every person that handles a gun knows how to do all that, and does it EVERY time? Surely you don't believe that. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You're telling me every person that handles a gun knows how to do all that, and does it EVERY time? Surely you don't believe that. 

I’d like to think they know the firearm safety rules and how to load a magazine.  Maybe I’m wrong?  Maybe it’s just irony an actor, so someone pretending, accidentally shot someone with a gun that they don’t support.  I feel like it was preventable.
 

It’s also why I said they should have a gun person on site.  Guru, said they typically do.  Maybe he or she wasn’t there that day?

22 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What is your definition of a "real firearm person?"

The best of the best, sir!

Seriously, a person with an extensive background and at least a decade of active experience, if not more. 

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

I’d like to think they know the firearm safety rules and how to load a magazine.  Maybe I’m wrong?  Maybe it’s just irony an actor, so someone pretending, accidentally shot someone with a gun that they don’t support.  I feel like it was preventable.
 

It’s also why I said they should have a gun person on site.  Guru, said they typically do.  Maybe he or she wasn’t there that day?

Accidental shootings happen all the time with "real gun people." 

Just now, theguru said:

Seriously, a person with an extensive background and at least a decade of active experience, if not more. 

That works for me. I was just making sure we weren't talking about Joe Schmoe who has guns. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

That works for me. I was just making sure we weren't talking about Joe Schmoe who has guns. 

Right, I will add I have 20 years of experience and have been trained by just about everyone you could imagine (including military special forces) and I don't even consider myself "a real firearm person."

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Accidental shootings happen all the time with "real gun people." 

Agreed, but when you have a designated set of people like Hollywood who really want nothing to do with guns, other than to score a paycheck, I feel like it can be a recipe for disaster.  Hopefully, something changes, I thought after Brandon Lee it would have.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, I will add I have 20 years of experience and have been trained by just about everyone you could imagine (including military special forces) and I don't even consider myself "a real firearm person."

I have a few guns and I feel like unless I was handling them all every single day there's no way I'd even come close to feeling like I didn't have something to learn.

I plan on taking several classes for each gun I have to improve my skills. 

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

Agreed, but when you have a designated set of people like Hollywood who really want nothing to do with guns, other than to score a paycheck, I feel like it can be a recipe for disaster.  Hopefully, something changes, I thought after Brandon Lee it would have.

It's obviously not as bad as you claim it to be, because this isn't a regular occurrence. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.