Alabama 63 Kentucky 3

16thBBall Fan

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

I was kind of hoping Stoops had UK past the point of these kind of beat downs.

Same here.  Good point.   Very disappointed in this year's team especially when UK was supposed to have the all-world OL in place.    Is it a chicken/egg thing?    Is UK's offense so bland because they have no playmakers or do no playmakers go to UK  precisely because of the offense the Cats run?   I think there may be a morale problem on the team.   Who are the leaders on this team?    Are there any leaders?  UK needs to grow a pair and strap it up and play hard.   If some players don't want to do this, play the ones who do. 

1 hour ago, tcjkbt said:

Same here.  Good point.   Very disappointed in this year's team especially when UK was supposed to have the all-world OL in place.    Is it a chicken/egg thing?    Is UK's offense so bland because they have no playmakers or do no playmakers go to UK  precisely because of the offense the Cats run?   I think there may be a morale problem on the team.   Who are the leaders on this team?    Are there any leaders?  UK needs to grow a pair and strap it up and play hard.   If some players don't want to do this, play the ones who do. 

The writing was on the wall for this season's results once the Covid adjusted schedule was made.  UK fan's expectations were sky high with their preseason Top 25 ranking.  I tried to tell some of my friends that are huge UK fans that a .500 record would be a big accomplishment for this team.  It isn't that the team is really bad or anything--it's just that without the bought and paid for 3 wins (and what would have been a probable win against UL) their final record wasn't going to be great even if they were close to as good as last season.  If they had those other games on the schedule they could have went 3-5 or 4-4 in the SEC and ended up with 7 or 8 wins.  There was no way this team was going to finish over .500 with 10 SEC games including games with Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.  The slip up against Ole Miss made 5-5 the ceiling and the Missouri loss sealed a losing season.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

The writing was on the wall for this season's results once the Covid adjusted schedule was made.  UK fan's expectations were sky high with their preseason Top 25 ranking.  I tried to tell some of my friends that are huge UK fans that a .500 record would be a big accomplishment for this team.  It isn't that the team is really bad or anything--it's just that without the bought and paid for 3 wins (and what would have been a probable win against UL) their final record wasn't going to be great even if they were close to as good as last season.  If they had those other games on the schedule they could have went 3-5 or 4-4 in the SEC and ended up with 7 or 8 wins.  There was no way this team was going to finish over .500 with 10 SEC games including games with Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.  The slip up against Ole Miss made 5-5 the ceiling and the Missouri loss sealed a losing season.   

Correct on all counts.  The fairly unexpected win over Tennessee just postponed the inevitable.  

Before the season started, my better half - who always looks at everything through blue colored glasses kept saying that this team was one of their best ever.  When the all SEC schedule was rolled out, I felt compelled to tell her that a .500 record was the best they could do.  

• Like 3

If you're going to have a bad year, then beating Tennessee is a very sweet treat.

Anyone that thought that this game was going to be much closer than it was, doesn't know football. Alabama offense was always going to score on the Cats pretty easily. Cats offense at its best was going to struggle to finish off drives.

Add in UK being short some key players due to Covid and Alabama having 3 weeks to get healthy and prepare...this was the expected result.

I was 5 years old when Robert Allen Yankey died in the middle of the season at Boyle County, September 25th, 1970.
In the preseason, the Rebels scrimmaged Bardstown who would go on to win the Class A state title, and did extremely well... my Dad said they kicked their tail (although he has been known to exaggerate). I know my Dad's Boyle team left there believing they were, or could be, the best football team in KY Class A, 1970.
After Robert Allen died, it was all those devastated, broken-hearted kids and coaches could do to finish the season.
The Wildcat coaches and players are not just going to "get over" the loss of a great man(Robert Allen was the same) like John Schlarman. It does something to you and it stays with you a long time. You can't stop thinking about him. Part of you mourns him for a long time. My Dad never got over it and some of Robert Allen's teammates are the same, even today.
Please... extend grace to those coaches and players. Pray for them and Coach Schlarman's family.
Obviously I love football. But, goodness gracious, there are some things that are so much bigger and more important than how a team plays or the outcome on the scoreboard.
  • Like 2