Football Shutdowns

With COVID rising rapidly nearly everywhere, I believe we will see more and more schools shut down their season to stay safe and prepare for the playoffs.  Several schools made this move already.  What would you do if you were a coach or AD? Would you cancel your last game or 2 and put your team in a bubble to prepare for the playoffs?

3 minutes ago, Fake Tom Brady said:

Yes I would.  At this rate I'm afraid we might not even get to finish the playoffs.  Should KHSAA step in and shut down regular season after tomorrow night and start playoffs while they still can?

Probably should have followed a similar policy as Ohio. Play five games to start season, begin playoffs mid-October with every team qualifying. If/when you lose in the playoffs, you're allowed to play one more game if you want. Over half of the teams in Kentucky would have likely finished playing last week.

I actually wrote an entire post about it at the end of September.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I believe it is a school district decision. For example, Fayette County is red and Pikeville just scheduled a game for Friday at Lexington Christian.

Yeah, not sure how that worked.  I though "red" meant sports took a "pause" in that county.

Here's what I would do:

* Eliminate this final week of the regular season

* Then Eliminate Week 1 of the playoffs. Sorry to 3rd place finishers but...

* Get rosaries out, pray, and hope we can get this done in four weeks. 

I hate this on all levels for all of these players, coaches, families, communities....I HOPE and PRAY it doesn't come to this type of decision..but it's coming.