June 1, 20206 yr Hard to miss reality, I do see pockets of peaceful protest. How many demonstrations did you go to this weekend?
June 1, 20206 yr Not looking forward to see what happens tonight after person killed by Police/Nat Guard last night. Police have been shot at last 3 nights. Medical helicopter was shot at. I pray for peace tonight but could get ugly.
June 1, 20206 yr How many demonstrations did you go to this weekend? None, but I wouldn’t be opposed to attending a peaceful protest if you know of any around me. A lot of it seems to be what time you’re there, after dusk have you seen a peaceful protest?
June 1, 20206 yr None, but I wouldn’t be opposed to attending a peaceful protest if you know of any around me. A lot of it seems to be what time you’re there, after dusk have you seen a peaceful protest? Yes. Every single night in the Highlands in Louisville. The ones downtown have stayed peaceful until the cops decided they were done with the protests.
June 1, 20206 yr I’ve seen a lot more looting and damage, than peaceful protest. In my twitter feed alone I can share what I've seen. Flint, Michigan was peaceful. Lexington, Kentucky was likewise. Minneapolis last night. Pittsburgh, PA Here in my small town of Martinsville, VA it was a peaceful rally/march through uptown. I've seen similar responses in other small towns across the US. :thumb:
June 1, 20206 yr The protesters aren’t looting anything. The protesters are protesting... Criminals are using the protests as an opportunity to commit crimes. Big difference between the two groups in my opinion. I am in lockstep with you here @MBWC41 but that is also a statement of the problem facing us as a society. The criminals are using the protesters as cover to be criminals which makes the lawful and legal protesters a part of the problem. It is a Catch-22 for sure.
June 1, 20206 yr Some people are protesting, a lot of people are not. I would see the opposite. Some people are rioting/looting, a lot of people are protesting peacefully.
June 1, 20206 yr I would see the opposite. Some people are rioting/looting, a lot of people are protesting peacefully. I agree, I like to apply the 90/10 rule and in this case I see 90% peaceful protesters and 10% criminals. However, when you have hundreds of thousands of protesters that 10% is an enormous number of criminals.
June 1, 20206 yr I agree, I like to apply the 90/10 rule and in this case I see 90% peaceful protesters and 10% criminals. However, when you have hundreds of thousands of protesters that 10% is an enormous number of criminals. And of that 10% - some percentage are non-natives.
June 1, 20206 yr I am in lockstep with you here @MBWC41 but that is also a statement of the problem facing us as a society. The criminals are using the protesters as cover to be criminals which makes the lawful and legal protesters a part of the problem. It is a Catch-22 for sure. I agree, I like to apply the 90/10 rule and in this case I see 90% peaceful protesters and 10% criminals. However, when you have hundreds of thousands of protesters that 10% is an enormous number of criminals. Agreed. Also, peaceful protests don’t bring viewers to the television or sell many newspapers. Most of the coverage on this, and most everything else, is all negative. That’s on us. We find it more interesting to watch violence so that’s most of what the content we’re fed consists of. Sadly, controversy generates tons of money.
June 1, 20206 yr I agree, I like to apply the 90/10 rule and in this case I see 90% peaceful protesters and 10% criminals. However, when you have hundreds of thousands of protesters that 10% is an enormous number of criminals. Yup and the media generally shows the violent stuff. If people stay up late enough to watch the news, they will see violent demonstrations as well.
June 1, 20206 yr Agreed. Also, peaceful protests don’t bring viewers to the television or sell many newspapers. Most of the coverage on this, and most everything else, is all negative. That’s on us. We find it more interesting to watch violence so that’s most of what the content we’re fed consists of. Sadly, controversy generates tons of money. I did see a reporter on live tv who said “it’s mostly peaceful, and not unruly” with a building on fire behind him. I would consider that violent personally, but that’s just my .2 cents.
June 1, 20206 yr I did see a reporter on live tv who said “it’s mostly peaceful, and not unruly” with a building on fire behind him. I would consider that violent personally, but that’s just my .2 cents. Reporting from a prayer circle doesn’t draw in enough viewers...
June 1, 20206 yr And of that 10% - some percentage are non-natives. Agree and I think you can apply the same 90/10 logic here and you are left with the one percenters.
June 2, 20206 yr Yes. Every single night in the Highlands in Louisville. The ones downtown have stayed peaceful until the cops decided they were done with the protests. Definitely 100% the cops fault.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.