Question About The Riots

BFritz

If the riots are about police brutality and the police killing George Floyd, then why aren't the protesters looting and destroying police stations?

If that's who they're mad at and what they're trying to bring awareness to, why don't they confront them directly?

What sense does it make to destroy and steal the property of people who had nothing to do with it?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the riots are about police brutality and the police killing George Floyd, then why aren't the protesters looting and destroying police stations?

If that's who they're mad at and what they're trying to bring awareness to, why don't they confront them directly?

What sense does it make to destroy and steal the property of people who had nothing to do with it?

The protesters aren’t looting anything. The protesters are protesting...

Criminals are using the protests as an opportunity to commit crimes.

Big difference between the two groups in my opinion.

Anarchists also take advantage of these protests to destroy stuff. Some also hate capitalism so they have no problem destroying a buisness. Also have a criminal element that takes advantage of the chaos. Feel bad for the legit protesters who get their movement high jacked by the bad actors.

The fact that you think protesters should “confront them directly” shows how incredibly out of touch you are.

Here’s the problem...peaceful protests have been repeatedly ignored, downplayed, or twisted in to something else. MLK said “riots are the language of the unheard”. Not condoning riots, but these issues have persisted for years, and keep repeating. At what point will people really start to listen? You’ve got to understand that people feel powerless. Do you really think they’ll directly confront the police after they’ve watched innocent people get killed by the police?

The fact that you think protesters should “confront them directly” shows how incredibly out of touch you are.

Explain how I'm out of touch and how what I asked is incorrect.

How does looting a store or anything like that stand up against police brutality?

How does looting a store or anything like that stand up against police brutality?

How does peacefully protesting stand up against police brutality?

Material objects can be replaced. People can’t.

Quick question, perhaps something to think about. Ask yourself, how would you feel if you were in their situation, and have watched incidens like what happened to George Floyd, keep happening over and over again. What if you were in a situation when you had to think twice about going into a new or different neighborhood and wonder if you would be stopped, or even attacked because someone felt you didn't belong there. Do you have to worry about being pulled over, for no reason other than your color? Or to immediately get followed by store personel when going shopping? Or have white people avoid walking past you, or looking you in the eye when walking down the street. These are the sort of things people of color deal with every day. And to have to worry that the people who are supposed to protect you, could end up killing you for no reason, and to see evidence of that on film. Are you really going to confront someone, when you've watched them kill people for no reason? And then when someone like Kaepernick tries to peacefully bring this to the attention of everyone, he get villified, and turned into a pariah. What are they supposed to do? Peaceful protests bring scorn, and people just twist it into something else, even though it clearly isn't. Or they get told that it's not as bad as they say it is, or is so much better than it was 50 years ago. Until you can understand these points, you are out of touch.