Question About The Riots

BFritz

Not looking forward to see what happens tonight after person killed by Police/Nat Guard last night. Police have been shot at last 3 nights. Medical helicopter was shot at. I pray for peace tonight but could get ugly.

Sounds peaceful. Why were the cops shooting at each other? Why’d the cops shoot at the medical helicopter?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Group of cops just got run over by a SUV in Buffalo. Cops had nonlethal weapons and no real way to defend themselves. These are crazy times.

If they were completely unarmed/ only carrying less lethal that's a failure of leadership.

My nephew lives in downtown Minneapolis. He has been posting Facebook live videos as he participates in the protests. On the first couple of days, the videos were powerful and uplifting, to see the sea of humanity, passionately gathering together.

But now it is starting to turn ugly. Sunday’s video showed people marching down the on ramp to the freeway, but a line of police officers stood across the bottom of the ramp, preventing the protesters from getting on the freeway. The protesters were getting closer and closer to the police barricade. The police began to roll tear gas canisters towards the crowds so they would back from the freeway.

In my observation, at that point, it was no longer peaceful. It was people being careless and stupid, trying to start an altercation with the Minneapolis police officers.

My nephew lives in downtown Minneapolis. He has been posting Facebook live videos as he participates in the protests. On the first couple of days, the videos were powerful and uplifting, to see the sea of humanity, passionately gathering together.

But now it is starting to turn ugly. Sunday’s video showed people marching down the on ramp to the freeway, but a line of police officers stood across the bottom of the ramp, preventing the protesters from getting on the freeway. The protesters were getting closer and closer to the police barricade. The police began to roll tear gas canisters towards the crowds so they would back from the freeway.

In my observation, at that point, it was no longer peaceful. It was people being careless and stupid, trying to start an altercation with the Minneapolis police officers.

It hasn't been peaceful in Minnesota for a few days from what I've seen.

Definitely some weird stuff happening out there.

I don’t do any social media, so when stuff from twitter and Instagram make it to me things have been around a while.

This morning I watched video of POs destroying business fronts, looting, and dropping bricks around neighborhoods. Multiple videos. No protestors around.

Just saw the video of the police officer getting hit by the car in NYC. Absolutely terrible, in a sports analogy, the rioting is gonna have a worse effect on future policing than concussions did the NFL.

I agree it is going to be horrible for policing and therefore America.

Nearly all of the mandatory training sessions for police officers the next couple of years are going to revolve around the riots. It will be videos, examples, testimonials, statistics, etcetera, of police officers being assaulted and killed.

I will simply list some things that have videos associated with them that are odd, bizarre over the last few days. I would like add some information or opinion or snappy comment - I have none. But here they are.

- LEO shooting a news crew with paintballs (Louisville)

- LEO shooting at residences who are standing on their own porch at their own house with high velocity paintball/rubber bullets. Platoon leader calls out - "light 'em up". (Minnesota)

- LEO watching and laughing while a white woman paints things like "BLM", "Floyd" on businesses windows in broad daylight with no group around.

- LEO shoots a person who not part of any protest but is recording a squad of LEO at point-blank range after they have mostly walked by (San Antonio)

- A white "protestor" in black garb and goggles breaking businesses windows as he walks by - not part of any group or protest (Louisville)

- State police protect a "raid" on organized pre-staged anti-tear-gas depot of water and milk (Louisville)

- Stacks of bricks apparently pre-staged in random locations in various cities.