State Championship Rings

Junior03

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rings are custom ordered and made for each player (providing someone pays for one). They are sized to fit etc. I'm sure a delivery date will be discussed during that process.

I was waiting until a T fan answered. I'm sure a Rocks supporter would know more about State Championship rings then the rest of us.

I was waiting until a T fan answered. I'm sure a Rocks supporter would know more about State Championship rings then the rest of us.

But the reason why this takes so long--is simply because the number of rings that are being ordered at the time.

Herff Jones had made our last couple rings, and they recently changed to a new process--which drastically cut the time. We got ours earlier (2004) but it would have been much earlier if we would have been up "closer in line". (I believe that St. X, Belfry and Highlands all had theirs ordered before us.

Usually what happens:

*The team (the seniors in our case) work with the sales rep to design a ring that has meaning.

*A few days later, the sales rep comes to show an "artist's rendering" and to size each person. At that time, you get to choose the metal, your initials, number, etc.

*Sometimes--depending on who is paying, you may have to put down a deposit at that time.

*After the ring is sized and ordered . . . you wait until it is done (the longest period of time in a players life)

*If the player/parents has to pay--then the balance is due when the ring is delivered to the school.

I think in 2004 the Highlands Seniors designed theirs in Dec. or early Jan. They were ordered and arrived in I believe late March. The parents paid for them and there were different price ranges. I.E. white gold, yellow gold, and then some other metal I had never heard of.

Hey and the rock supporters only know about state rings 1 measly year more than Highlands.:irked:

I think in 2004 the Highlands Seniors designed theirs in Dec. or early Jan. They were ordered and arrived in I believe late March. The parents paid for them and there were different price ranges. I.E. white gold, yellow gold, and then some other metal I had never heard of.

Hey and the rock supporters only know about state rings 1 measly year more than Highlands.:irked:

Wow! Take it easy, no one is taking anything away from Highlands.

Am I alone with the thought that rings are just silly? Maybe I'm just getting old, but do these kids really care about a ring? I can see a Super Bowl ring, a World Series ring...those are valuable pieces of jewelry in addition to being very unique, universally recognized memorabilia. The memories, the photos, the films, the banners at the high school, the inter-school legend of being on the "06 State Team", and the stories that will be told, and retold and retold are more than enough.

Am I alone with the thought that rings are just silly? Maybe I'm just getting old, but do these kids really care about a ring? I can see a Super Bowl ring, a World Series ring...those are valuable pieces of jewelry in addition to being very unique, universally recognized memorabilia. The memories, the photos, the films, the banners at the high school, the inter-school legend of being on the "06 State Team", and the stories that will be told, and retold and retold are more than enough.

Did you play? I do not ask that to be mean (hope it does not sound that way) I just wonder. I know for myself and many of the players and coaches I deal with a ring is a big deal. Rings for whatever reason hold a place in football culture more than in any other sport.

For some schools it may not mean as much (maybe in the case of a school like Trinity it is not the ring but the number of rings that is important) but for school like Mercer or if Ryle had won..yeah that ring means a lot.