State Championship Rings

Junior03

Am I alone with the thought that rings are just silly? Maybe I'm just getting old, but do these kids really care about a ring? I can see a Super Bowl ring, a World Series ring...those are valuable pieces of jewelry in addition to being very unique, universally recognized memorabilia. The memories, the photos, the films, the banners at the high school, the inter-school legend of being on the "06 State Team", and the stories that will be told, and retold and retold are more than enough.

A State Ring is no different that the other rings you mentioned. It is a symbol of the time and effort that you put in with your teammates to earn something.

Maybe 19 years old now, but when I look at mine, I remember those days as if they happened last week. You look and remember the joy of winning, you remember the times you were yelled at for an error, and how your brothers on that team picked you up, kicked you in the butt, said "lets go", and helped you work through the adversity.

Don't tell anyone that owns a State Championship Ring that rings are "just silly".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A State Ring is no different that the other rings you mentioned. It is a symbol of the time and effort that you put in with your teammates to earn something.

Maybe 19 years old now, but when I look at mine, I remember those days as if they happened last week. You look and remember the joy of winning, you remember the times you were yelled at for an error, and how your brothers on that team picked you up, kicked you in the butt, said "lets go", and helped you work through the adversity.

Don't tell anyone that owns a State Championship Ring that rings are "just silly".

Don't forget to mention that the ladies like the guys with the rings too :fire: :fire: :fire:

Am I alone with the thought that rings are just silly? Maybe I'm just getting old, but do these kids really care about a ring? I can see a Super Bowl ring, a World Series ring...those are valuable pieces of jewelry in addition to being very unique, universally recognized memorabilia. The memories, the photos, the films, the banners at the high school, the inter-school legend of being on the "06 State Team", and the stories that will be told, and retold and retold are more than enough.

Are you serious? I would almost bet that anyone who has a STATE ring will cherish it for the rest of their life because it symbolizes something great that happened to them at a young age. I see kids wear them and are very, very proud to show them off.

Like I said earlier, I don't feel that strongly about this... but ...am I to understand that if you lose your ring, you wonder around in a state of confusion with a big void where all the memories of that season used to be? Kinda like a key that unlocks those for you?........

.......Relax...I'm just playin with you! I am genuinely happy to hear that EVERYBODY who answered truly holds these rings close to their hearts and treasures the work, the bonds, the memories and the success they represent.

I think it's great that some programs do buy such rings. In our "win or nothing else" society we forget that making the finals is a great honor. Not as great as winning but a great honor none-the-less. If it weren't then why play the games in a neutral site that is a great experience to be there? Why do we talk about going to the 'ville? Why do people bring up "Final Four" in NCAA Basketball so much?

Didn't mean to jump on you about it but I thought that statement is a little rough to players who made it that far only to see their dreams fade in the Final. (For the record teams this year like Russell and Danville ought to see just how impressive their run was and know that but for a few breaks they would be putting on gold rings.) :thumb:

As a player (years ago) that made it all the way to the finals to see our/my dream fade away I know what it is like. I know the Super Bowl runner-ups are given a certain amount of money to buy jewelry with. I guess a better way of expressing my POV would have been to say the concept of jewelry for being runner-up never crossed my mind. I had never even heard of a school doing it in Kentucky until this thread. All those schools that in the past, present and future that do it for their players it is nice.

:thumb:

Yes you are alone, every kid that high school football means somthing too in ky dreams about a ring, wether a coach instills it in too them a parent or the program. Yes kids really care about the ring. The state championship ring is a superbowl ring to an 18 yerar old kid who has worked for this thing for most of the time 12 + years.

A championship ring is a sign of the ultimate triumph in sports. I would love to have a championship ring. Any kid that is a part of a state championship team deserves a ring. Congrats to everyone who has one. A championship ring is something not a lot of people posses, but something a lot of people would like to have.

I have seen some early scetches of T's ring..... WOW! I think the design was inspired by an LSU bowl ring from a few years ago. If they can fit all this on a ring it may be the Mac Daddy...... will try to get a pic of the "artists conception". I'm sure several minutes of class time went into the planning.