Everything posted by leo42171
-
Best Technical Story
I was an assistant for a youth basketball team and the head coach couldn’t make a tournament game so I had to play head coach, which I have never done before. The game was in Ohio and in the first 5 minutes of the game I was very "vocal" with the referee. During a timeout he came over to me and said he wasn’t going to put up with me all night. I told him “If you don’t want to put up with me you applied for the wrong job, you should be serving snow cones at the concession stand”. I got a T. Latter in the game we were down by around 20 points. The ref came over and said “Who should be serving the snow cones now?” I never coached again.
-
NKY Bowl
Then Highlands needs to get over it!!
-
NKY/Louisville "Super" Bowl
I actually voted no on accident……..sorry!
-
Bob Schneider - NCC
http://ncchs.com/bschneider.htm Although he went 8-2 as a 27-year-old rookie coach, the team's grueling schedule in the Greater Cincinnati League (now the Greater Catholic League) took a toll on him and the program. The Thoroughbreds suffered four straight losing campaigns before leaving the league after the 1970 season. Most of their GCL losses were lopsided. The school's enrollment dropped, and Schneider didn't record his third winning season until 1974. But he persevered, partly because it's his nature and partly because, as he says, "nobody else wanted the job." "After one of those GCL losses I remember sitting up here in the gym and saying to myself 'I am not leaving here until I get it done,' " he said. "I just couldn't do it. Then, once we got rolling and through the '80s, I just never even thought of leaving."
-
Should we call them suicides?
We always called the "Kentuckey's" and that was 20 years ago.
-
Fan and Student support
The 8th grade placement test for Newport Catholic is this Saturday from 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM. I think that’s pretty poor planning! The incoming Freshman will not be able to go to Louisville.
-
What Teams benefit most/least if we get foul weather for Championship weekend?
This is getting way over analyzed! These are 15-17 year old kids in the State Finals. They are going to be numb to any kind of weather conditions.
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
Final 31-3 sorry no details.
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
31-3 3:00 left in the game.
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
Still 24-3 8:00 left in the game.
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
I know the last score was a int. return.
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
24-3 Newcath....sorry no details, I can't hear the person talking to me to well.
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
17-3 Newcath 3rd qtr.
-
Highlands/Lincoln County Updates
Whoever is working the score board!!
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
3-3 halftime
-
Lou. DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
Lou. DeSales 3 NCC 0 2nd qtr
-
State Championship Tickets
What is the Brown and Williamson Club?
-
Just Curious
This isn’t unique to the KHSAA, remember when the Reds were in the National League West and St. Louis was in the National League East. Or how about when the NCAA basketball tournament used to put teams in the east, west, south and Midwest brackets, what a joke that was too.
-
New Season Same treatment
I have seen the Community Press and NKY.com offer scholarships for student reporters. Get some of the student’s involved, great experience and a nice resume builder!
-
New Season Same treatment
Those stories come from the AP (or another news agency) they didn't have to send (i.e.pay) a reporter.
-
Newport Central Catholic at Louisville DeSales
Based on the recent performance of both teams, MaxPreps predicts on: 11/30/2007 Newport Central Catholic will beat DeSales with a final score of 38 - 12.
-
Corbin at Newport Central Catholic (2A)
I remember this game like it was yesterday! VERY cold night in Corbin. Corbin was the favorite in this game (I see some similarities) and NC was up 21-0 at the half. The beginning of the 2nd half was the maddest I have ever seen coach Schneider because of an incident with a Corbin RB uniform :sssh::sssh::sssh:
-
How many teams get to play on their own field as a visiting team??
Before the renovation there was a very small corner of the endzone that was on the track coverd with turf. Why it was there, who knows? But it is fixed. Also, in all my years playing on that field and watching games (over 25 years) I have never seen or heard of any player getiing hurt in the tiny corner of the endzone.
-
How many teams get to play on their own field as a visiting team??
The field is turf (udated last season) the track has been upgraded, new lights, the bathroom upgraded and added a consession stand. One of the finest fields in NKY now. Also Newcath is looking into building a field, they just have limited land on the hill.
-
You write the funniest caption for a free t-shirt...
Don't Tase Me Bro!