CentreRocks

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt.

CCH and Ryle....too close to call.

A scrimage without Murray and Benke is a pointless measuring stick although many of our CCH friends don't see it that way.

Highlands-small, quick, finess team, would have a tough time hanging with the Raider power attack.

They are "without a doubt" the best team in NKY, but CCH & Ryle are "too close to call"?

Hmmmm

Fine Diamond Dandy, throw the scrimmage out. Take a look at games between common opponents. What measuring stick do you want to use?

Ryle has had a nice season and is benefiting greatly from the new 4A format. If it was the same as last year Ryle would have been done in week #2. Ryle hasn't beaten 1 Top 10 team in the playoffs. Think about that for a second. They managed to get to the State Finals without beating one team ranked in the Top 10. That's amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to death that a local school is playing for the "big school" title in Louisville. However, I'm not sure why you feel the need to unneccesarily run down another team to try and prop yourselves up.

Please compare/contrast Vince Murray and the sophomore (now junior RB) for Boone whose name is Farris, I believe. He was a big, strong kid last year when Boone played Trinity. Does he play D, too? Thanks.

Murray is bigger and stronger. As for quicker, I don't believe so. Murray is a surprisely fast back for his size. He doesn't look very fast, but in the open field, DBs have problems catching him. Murray will NOT shy away from contact. Also, Murray has a better supporting cast than Farris.

Don't you get it tcjkbt, he is Jim Brown and Jack Lambert rolled into one. Those college scouts and media types are just biased against NKY4A.:D

That's a pretty good hybrid. Only I hope he doesn't have to take his teeth out when he plays D, like Lambert.

What is it about Dixie that gave Ryle fits? I think if it is their versatility, that could be teeling for this Thursday.

You've hit the nail on the head here.

Ryle will need to out-physical Trinity, and I'm not sure they can do that. Dixie had some success throwing on Ryle. I'm sure Trinity's passing attack is more sophisticated than Ryles.

Without a doubt.

CCH and Ryle....too close to call.

A scrimage without Murray and Benke is a pointless measuring stick although many of our CCH friends don't see it that way.

Highlands-small, quick, finess team, would have a tough time hanging with the Raider power attack.

Highlands this year was not the small quick finesse team that it was in the past or that you make it to be. Quite the contrary. If nothing else, the narrow loss to Elder proved that point. Elder tried to pound the ball against Highlands (running Williams up the middle and off tackle) with very little or no success. I don't think Elder had 100 yards rushing the ball. It may have been closer to 50 yards. While some will retort that Elder did not have the team that it had in the past and didn't even make the playoffs this year, one needs to remember that when Highlands played them, they were healthy. What killed Elder this year was injuries. When they played their inter GCL schedule, they were missing 3 out of their 4 captains due to injuries and had 2 other starters also out with injury. Also keep in mind that Elder had less rushing yards against Highlands than they did against CovCath the week before. So if Highlands was soft against the run, CovCath was even softer, and we all know that CovCath is not soft against the run. No team that Highlands played pounded the ball against Highlands. Not Elder, not Louisville X or for that matter CovCath. St X had the most success running Anderson around the end and CovCath's success running the ball was the result of Highlands placing a lot of emphasis on stopping CovCath's passing attack. My guess is that if Highlands played Ryle, stopping the pass would not be the same emphasis that it was against CovCath.