Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

Much the later, Ryle allong with everyone in AAAA is very average. CCH played two of Ryle's closest competitors and smoked Boone County and played horribly against Dixie and still won 28-7. AAAA in NKy has been extremely week the last two years and Ryle was very much the benefit of a week district and a VERY easy run through the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I really hope Ryle plays well but if you look at the scores over the last few years Highlands and CCH have consistently beaten Ryle, Boone, and Dixie very badly.

As far as the comment that Ryle has improved dramatically since the scrimmage CCH is light years ahead of 3 months ago. They have their QB and O line playing extroidary allong with the D, RB, WR's and special teams which was not the case in August. They are a very complete team for a AAA school, just ask Johnson Central and Highlands

Thanks for responding tho the initial questions.

Is this Murray kid the best player to come out of NKY since Shaun Alexander?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to burst your bubble IAmAFan but I have seen Mr. Murray play quite a few times as recent as the 2 Dixie games. While he may be a decent football player, he was nothing special.

Didn't he have like 500 yards in those 2 Dixie games????????????

who did we run down?

Why the "we" pronoun? I was only talking about your posts. IAmaFan had nothing to do with my post.

How about these, for starters:

* Nobody close to the Raiders in NKY this year. (which is categorically false)

* Highlands-small, quick, finess team, would have a tough time hanging with the Raider power attack.

* Hey Cardinalsfan....Ryle is still playing football, what are you guys doing, turning in equipment?

There is absolutely no quantifiable evidence to back up that Ryle is heads and shoulders better than CCH and HHS. However, there is evidence the other direction, but you manage to excuse it away with "ifs" and "buts." Just like in baseball season, when Ryle takes one on the chin it's a list of excuses (errors, luck, bloops, etc) and never just the other team was better. Same old song and dance...

Thanks for responding tho the initial questions.

Is this Murray kid the best player to come out of NKY since Shaun Alexander?

The combo of Murray and Gray is the best backfield since 94. In 94 there were 2 backfields who were as good and I'd put them on the level of Campbell County that year and a step behind Boone of that year. Murray is not Alexander and neither is Gray.

I'd say he's on Justin Frisk's level (though different style) and not Alexanders.

As an outsider I'll say this: Vince Murray is a beast. An absolute warrior. Better college prospect than Sam Flynn at CCH due to speed. Whether or not he's better than Sam in H.S. is highly debatable, but a better college prospect at LB. Vince is legit.

However, that won't be nearly enough, even with Scottie, against the 'Rocks.

As an outsider I'll say this: Vince Murray is a beast. An absolute warrior. Better college prospect than Sam Flynn at CCH due to speed. Whether or not he's better than Sam in H.S. is highly debatable, but a better college prospect at LB. Vince is legit.

However, that won't be nearly enough, even with Scottie, against the 'Rocks.

It'll take miracles to win this game. Good post!!!!

Didn't he have like 500 yards in those 2 Dixie games????????????

Don't know the specific stats but, not knocking Dixe, but let's see what his stats are on Friday night. I won't make any specific predictions, but it won't be anywhere near that. If your stats are right, he could have broken a state record.

Why the "we" pronoun? I was only talking about your posts. IAmaFan had nothing to do with my post.

How about these, for starters:

* Nobody close to the Raiders in NKY this year. (which is categorically false)

* Highlands-small, quick, finess team, would have a tough time hanging with the Raider power attack.

* Hey Cardinalsfan....Ryle is still playing football, what are you guys doing, turning in equipment?

There is absolutely no quantifiable evidence to back up that Ryle is heads and shoulders better than CCH and HHS. However, there is evidence the other direction, but you manage to excuse it away with "ifs" and "buts." Just like in baseball season, when Ryle takes one on the chin it's a list of excuses (errors, luck, bloops, etc) and never just the other team was better. Same old song and dance...

Point 1- Fact, which I backed up

Point 2-Opinion, which I strongly belive after seeing both teams quite often.

Point 3-Replying to his snide "you shouldn't be on the same field post" which I appoligized for.

Don't know the specific stats but, not knocking Dixe, but let's see what his stats are on Friday night. I won't make any specific predictions, but it won't be anywhere near that. If your stats are right, he could have broken a state record.

He'll have 0 yards on Friday guaranteed....

Point 1- Fact, which I backed up

Nobody is close to Ryle in Northern KY is a fact? Really? Was there a tournament that I missed? First of all that is most assuredly an OPINION. Where did you back it up? Where you compared the scrimmage? No, I forgot, that was dismissed. Where you compared common opponents? No, that wouldn't look good for you either. Where you compared the number of Top 10 teams in your class you've beaten in the Playoffs? No, that wouldn't be very impressive. Help me out, where did you back up this opinion that no one in NKY is close to Ryle this year?

Nobody is close to Ryle in Northern KY is a fact? Really? Was there a tournament that I missed? First of all that is most assuredly an OPINION. Where did you back it up? Where you compared the scrimmage? No, I forgot, that was dismissed. Where you compared common opponents? No, that wouldn't look good for you either. Where you compared the number of Top 10 teams in your class you've beaten in the Playoffs? No, that wouldn't be very impressive. Help me out, where did you back up this opinion that no one in NKY is close to Ryle this year?

Breath...breath...breath....:lol:

Sometimes you just have to let things go. Orange and black colored glasses tend to distort the truth and facts get ignored. It happens from time to time.

As for the order... CCH, HHS and then Ryle seems to be the majority opinion of how the teams would line up in NKY. We will never know.