Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

I guess we'll see first week of the season next year.....Birds vs Raiders at Paul Brown. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!

Can't wait. If you look back, there have been some pretty good games in between the Birds and the Raiders. If you want my personal thoughts, Highlands will have the edge next year, as they return a lot, whereas Ryle loses Murray and Gray. Experience is always important, but especially so in those early games in the season. Either way, should be a good game.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU, I'd agree that this is the way that most see it. However, I'd say that the difference between these teams is about the difference between T, X, and Male, for what it's worth. If you want my opinion, I say they should bring back the old CovCath/Ryle rivalry. I still have a sore spot for a blocked PAT in OT. :mad: :lol:

What is Ryle's record against CovCath and HHS?

Thanks for responding tho the initial questions.

Is this Murray kid the best player to come out of NKY since Shaun Alexander?

Seemingly if you ask the Ryle contigent

All kidding aside, very good football player, very big and quick

Recent or in the past? Unofficially(which pretty much means the games I have seen or can remember, which usually isn't right) I'll say:

Highlands - 2-2, maybe 2-3

CovCath - 1 and something, maybe 4

Keep in mind that Ryle was playing with, competing with, and beating these schools just 3 years after it opened its doors, 2 years after it started a FB program.

LSU, I say you take DD under your wing. You know.......make him your protege or something? You guys seem to get along so wel........:lol:

Hey...I'am down in his neck of the woods 2 or 3 times a week, got several customers there. I would say we could hash this out over a few cold ones but

the bar tab would be HUGE. LOL

Hey...I'am down in his neck of the woods 2 or 3 times a week, got several customers there. I would say we could hash this out over a few cold ones but

the bar tab would be HUGE. LOL

A few......it might take weeks. Certainly wouldn't need to be driving back up here after that! :lol:

James Brown and Miles Davis from Boone Co were at least as good as Grey and Murray. The trio of Menetry, Sawyer, and Curley for Beechwood were better. Holy Cross had two backs who were dynamite but they didn't have the supporting cast around them. I believe Highlands had three RBs who all gained over 1000 yards in the regular season one year (Mueller, Gramstadt, and ?). Those are just a few that are at least as good as Ryle's RBs.

How about a little combo by the names of Frisk and Lickert! :ylsuper:

They've played 8 times? Really? Told you I'd be wrong on the numbers. :lol:

According the CovCath football website. 8 seems about right to me. I believe there were a couple playoff matchups. I remember the one CCH loss, I believe it was in 2000, third game of the season. CCH looked like world beaters up to that point, having beaten (at the time) nationally ranked St. X in the LexCath bowl, and then beating Boone pretty good.

Not sure when the other loss was.

I can only find a few games of Highlands vs. Ryle up too 1998.

1995 Highlands 3 Ryle 27

1996 Highlands 34 Ryle 0

1997 Highlands 35 Ryle 14

1998 Highlands 40 Ryle 7

I'm going to guess that if , and maybe they did, Highlands played Ryle in 1999 and 2000 that those games would also have been a "W" for Highlands.

Actually just checked JBwills web site, Birds Words, and he has Highlands win loss with Ryle as 4 -1 - 0

According the CovCath football website. 8 seems about right to me. I believe there were a couple playoff matchups. I remember the one CCH loss, I believe it was in 2000, third game of the season. CCH looked like world beaters up to that point, having beaten (at the time) nationally ranked St. X in the LexCath bowl, and then beating Boone pretty good.

Not sure when the other loss was.

I'm pretty sure they beat CovCath in '98, and I know for a fact they beat them in 2004, at Beechwood.