Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Farris running around them and Murray running straight at them had anything to do with this? He may be faster (and def quicker) but I don't think the word "much" is accurate.

Well I have seen them both play football and baseball and I think '' much" is pretty accurate.

Thanks for responding tho the initial questions.

Is this Murray kid the best player to come out of NKY since Shaun Alexander?

No, but he's good. So is Gray and about four or five other skill players. These guys smash mouth like BC but can pass a little more then Shaun's team ever thought about. Murray is the heart of their offensive engine. If you don't stop him, your in trouble. If you do, well Scot Gray is your next target.. I don't know that you can stop either one totaly, but you may be able to contain them a little. They are not good at coming from behind thus far. The offensive strategy doesn't lend itself to that. Defensively they are ok, and depending on the night, the secondary will do a good job. I've known since before the season that on paper Ryle should be the top dog in NKY and they are. I've also known that this would be the easiest year for us to get to the finals, and it is. Now all they have to do is play 4 quarters of the best football they have in there lives and they will win. I know a few coaches and such on the team too believe it or not, and I'm sure that they are working on doing just that. The line will decide this one. Who wants it there will dictate the winner. As much as I like the ability of Murray, if no one opens the holes, he won't get squat. NKY has had quite a few really good teams, and more than once have lost to the eventual state champion. I just hope that this year we take advantage of the chance we've been given. GO RAIDERS!

BTW- Ryle is not playing for the 3A state championship, so who cares if they could hang with HHS or CCH right now. What they do have to worry about is can they hang with Trinity. That will be a job enough in itself.

No, but he's good. So is Gray and about four or five other skill players. These guys smash mouth like BC but can pass a little more then Shaun's team ever thought about. Murray is the heart of their offensive engine. If you don't stop him, your in trouble. If you do, well Scot Gray is your next target.. I don't know that you can stop either one totaly, but you may be able to contain them a little. They are not good at coming from behind thus far. The offensive strategy doesn't lend itself to that. Defensively they are ok, and depending on the night, the secondary will do a good job. I've known since before the season that on paper Ryle should be the top dog in NKY and they are. I've also known that this would be the easiest year for us to get to the finals, and it is. Now all they have to do is play 4 quarters of the best football they have in there lives and they will win. I know a few coaches and such on the team too believe it or not, and I'm sure that they are working on doing just that. The line will decide this one. Who wants it there will dictate the winner. As much as I like the ability of Murray, if no one opens the holes, he won't get squat. NKY has had quite a few really good teams, and more than once have lost to the eventual state champion. I just hope that this year we take advantage of the chance we've been given. GO RAIDERS!

BTW- Ryle is not playing for the 3A state championship, so who cares if they could hang with HHS or CCH right now. What they do have to worry about is can they hang with Trinity. That will be a job enough in itself.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And that folks, is all you need to know. BTW, I am officially done with the nonsense that has become this thread. Hopefully we can have a little more productive discussions in the future, rather than, my team is better than your team. Folks, 2 of the 3 teams in question are playing for state titles, so I'll go out on a limb and say that they are all pretty darn good football teams. Can't we leave it at that? Support each other, and support NKY. Go Raiders, take state!

:dancingpa

:thumb: Very well said!!

Sorry Sandman 32, Ryle can play their best game and still get beat. Have you factored that into the equation? Matbe Trinity is just better. That would mean trinity's best beats Ryle's best. I wish I had a dollar for every "smash-mouth" reference coming out of NKY or Lexington over the past several years. The Rocks will score 40 plus points. Can Ryle keep up? We'll see.

Only 40+? I think the Rocks will score over 60 because Henry Clay is a lot better than Ryle. Ryle is a very soft team and the very look of a clover strikes fear into Raider nation. We'll see. ;)

Nice smart alec post. Now why don't you explain why Ryle will hold Trinity under their average?

Nice smart alec post. Now why don't you explain why Ryle will hold Trinity under their average?

OK, what makes you think they can't? :rolleyes:

See now the this thread has turned in to a debate about Ryle/Trinity.

I think THIS thread is about Ryle possibly being the best in NKY. If you want to talk about Ryle -vs- Trinity, go to the game thread.

OK, what makes you think they can't? :rolleyes:

See now the this thread has turned in to a debate about Ryle/Trinity.

I think THIS thread is about Ryle possibly being the best in NKY. If you want to talk about Ryle -vs- Trinity, go to the game thread.

My post was a response to a previous post. Do you intend on giving that member posting directions as well? Keep up the good work, even though its not your job.:rolleyes: