Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

I can only find a few games of Highlands vs. Ryle up too 1998.

1995 Highlands 3 Ryle 27

1996 Highlands 34 Ryle 0

1997 Highlands 35 Ryle 14

1998 Highlands 40 Ryle 7

I'm going to guess that if , and maybe they did, Highlands played Ryle in 1999 and 2000 that those games would also have been a "W" for Higlands.

I know we have another win in there somewhere, I definately remember the '95 game though. I'll dig through the archives I suppose. You also left off a playoff loss in '98 in think(for Ryle that is).

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we have another win in there somewhere, I definately remember the '95 game though. I'll dig through the archives I suppose. You also left off a playoff loss in '98 in think(for Ryle that is).

I was only covering Highlands schedule and Highlands played Ryle in the regular season in '98 and won.

I'm pretty sure they beat CovCath in '98, and I know for a fact they beat them in 2004, at Beechwood.

Pretty sure CovCath won the regular season and playoff games in '98, both close games though. I think in the playoff game Travis Grant (then a freshman) ran back a kickoff for a touchdown. If Ryle won in '04 then the two W's are '04 and '00.

wo wo wo....

Lets not get a head of your selves. Now yes this Ryle football team is a great team and yes they deserve to be in the state championship. But they arent the best NKY, that goes to Cov Cath. They definitly are the best 4A this year, though a couple plays here or there we might be talking about Dixie or CC. This team is definitly better then any Ryle team ever but not the best for all over NKY. Dixie 04 I feel could beat this team (though unfortunatly we couldn't finish our run for state). But I do want to give congrats to them for making it to state, dont get ahead of yourselves, there is still a big game to play. Good luck to all the NKY Teams this year!

That may have something to do with the level of competition. I believe someone else posted a comment on this board stating that Ryle hasn't played a single top ten team in the entire play-offs. Could that be true?

Ask yourself?? Go back you predicted Ryle to win in every single game since the playoffs started so obviously you would know the answer to this yourself right? I don't need to go back and find it but I can if you want me to.... You've been saying you expected us to be there against you all for weeks now.

Pretty sure CovCath won the regular season and playoff games in '98, both close games though. I think in the playoff game Travis Grant (then a freshman) ran back a kickoff for a touchdown. If Ryle won in '04 then the two W's are '04 and '00.

The first Ryle win over CCH was in '99, not '00. I was thinking of the right year, just had the wrong numbers associated with it.

Actually it was 99 when you guys went down and beat St. X who went on to beat Bryan Station and came back up and only needed 1 more win for Lynn to set some sort of record or something. You didn't get it against us because we beat you all. In fact I think you guys only won a few games that year. Then I played my senior year 03 and we beat Cov Cath at Beechwood in a really muddy game.

Yeah, I was thinking of the right year, but got the numbers wrong. It was Brett Dietz's senior year. What started out looking like it would be a great year in Park Hills turned into quite the opposite.

Yea you guys had some really good players on that team. Chadwick, and Applegate stoodout to me.

It seems that Diamond Dandy is the main culprit of foolishness on this thread and he is a Ryle baseball fan. I would take Vince over Corey Farris any day of the week. Vince is much stronger and just as fast and equally quick moves and better cutting ability. Remember, Corey only plays one way. Play Vince one way and you have a dominating H.S. running back.