Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that both Highlands and CovCath would defeat Ryle pretty easily.

The only place where the Raiders MIGHT have the edge is at Running Back with Murray and Grey, but I bet the CCH LB's, including former classmate Sam Flynn, would hold them in check. Ryle wouldn't be able to pass on CovCath-plain and simple, and offensively, I don't see any 2 players stopping both Sutton and Bovard, and, furthermore, Ganshirt, Wise, ect. (anywhere in the state, for that matter).

Sauerback is getting a RIDE to KY and they're D1 and Murray is on his level.

Wrong again. Although Matt received some offers, none were D1. He decided to walk on to UK. because he did not want to always wonder what if.

By the way Matt got to dress for the last home game as he was elected as scout team player of the week, way to go Matt,keep busting your butt.

Don't try to put Vince in with Matt as far as linebacker.

At the end of the day, we know a couple of things: 1. its impossible for anyone to say which school in N. Ky is conclusively better than the others (thus I won't even begin my discussion as to why I still think Highlands was better than CovCath:banana:); and 2. Murray is a very, very good football player. Why don't we leave it at that and move on. Rather than N. Kyians attacking one another for the rest of the week, let's just show our support for Ryle, CovCath (gulp, did I type that?) and NewCath (Lordy, I've surely lost my mind with that part of my post). Go N. Ky. Beat the rest of the state.

Having seen CovCath, Highlands, Ryle play IMO it would be CovCath, Highlands, and then Ryle.

CovCath has the total package in the defense/offense/special teams/depth and Highlands isn't far behind other than in maybe the passing game. Ryle is a tough team with 2 very good players going both ways a lot and playing special teams. Ryle this year cannot match the depth of the top 2 and is a slight shade below the top 2 in the other areas. Still doesn't mean they can't hang with Trinity. I think the problem there will be lack of state finals experience and depth.

Well this has gotten entirely out of hand. First a simple discussion about Ryle being the best team in NKY, and now Vince Murray is the next coming of Shaun Alexander? :scared: I'll give my 2 cents, for what it's worth. I don't think any of Highlands, CovCath, or Ryle is head and shoulders better than the other. Certainly not the "so and so would name the score" type of better. I think they are fairly even, with some contrasting styles. My order would probably go 1. CCH 2. Ryle 3. Highlands.

Vince Murray is a great player, and will be able to play big time D1 football somwhere at LB if he so chooses. He is not Shaun Alexander. I'm not sure where he fits in as far as "best since Shaun" but I think he's in there somewhere. Maybe not at the top, but somewhere in the top 5-10 how's that?

Well this has gotten entirely out of hand. First a simple discussion about Ryle being the best team in NKY, and now Vince Murray is the next coming of Shaun Alexander? :scared: I'll give my 2 cents, for what it's worth. I don't think any of Highlands, CovCath, or Ryle is head and shoulders better than the other. Certainly not the "so and so would name the score" type of better. I think they are fairly even, with some contrasting styles. My order would probably go 1. CCH 2. Ryle 3. Highlands.

Vince Murray is a great player, and will be able to play big time D1 football somwhere at LB if he so chooses. He is not Shaun Alexander. I'm not sure where he fits in as far as "best since Shaun" but I think he's in there somewhere. Maybe not at the top, but somewhere in the top 5-10 how's that?

Very reasonable and hard to argue with!

James Brown and Miles Davis from Boone Co were at least as good as Grey and Murray. The trio of Menetry, Sawyer, and Curley for Beechwood were better. Holy Cross had two backs who were dynamite but they didn't have the supporting cast around them. I believe Highlands had three RBs who all gained over 1000 yards in the regular season one year (Mueller, Gramstadt, and ?). Those are just a few that are at least as good as Ryle's RBs.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Brown was very good, Davis was so/so at best. I don't put a lot of stock in the 1A kids, although the kids from HC were very good athletes(from Ohio), because they run up huge numbers against the Daytons, Bracken Co.'s, Ludlows of the world. Highlands always seems to have a back that runs for 1000, and I think that's a credit to their system, coaching, and the supporting cast. But honestly, Mueller/Gramstatdt as good as or better than Murray? I think your stretching it, and in the process discrediting your argument. If you wanted to argue a Highlands backfield, you should have picked Frisk and Lickert.

I hope all of the people hyping Ryle and all of their players this week are fans and not players. If it is players then congrats on a nice season, but you are going to get crushed on Thursday night because you are obviously not focused on Trinity.

If it is fans, well, I hope the kids don't believe everything they read. Murray is an outstanding football player. He is most likely not the best in Northern Kentucky since 1994. You are talking about multiple outstanding football players in Northern Kentucky over the past 12 years.

Let's all agree that Ryle is having a nice season. Murray is the best player on Ryle's team. He also has huge holes to run through due to the blocking of his offensive line. He makes multiple plays defensively. We will truly see the type of player he is on Thursday night. Big players make big plays in big games!!! Good luck to Ryle and the rest of the NKY teams in the championships.

I hope all of the people hyping Ryle and all of their players this week are fans and not players. If it is players then congrats on a nice season, but you are going to get crushed on Thursday night because you are obviously not focused on Trinity.

If it is fans, well, I hope the kids don't believe everything they read. Murray is an outstanding football player. He is most likely not the best in Northern Kentucky since 1994. You are talking about multiple outstanding football players in Northern Kentucky over the past 12 years.

Let's all agree that Ryle is having a nice season. Murray is the best player on Ryle's team. He also has huge holes to run through due to the blocking of his offensive line. He makes multiple plays defensively. We will truly see the type of player he is on Thursday night. Big players make big plays in big games!!! Good luck to Ryle and the rest of the NKY teams in the championships.

RYLE IS FOCUSED!!!! HOW CAN THEY NOT BE ITS THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Back to the thread, I think Ryle is the best team in NKY this year!