Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

When you break past the LB's and outrun the DB's 40, 50, 60 yards consistanty, that's quick enough to get the job done.

I didn't say Murray wasn't quick enough to get the job done. I merely commented that I don't think he is quicker than Farris. This is not a dig on Murray, merely giving Farris some credit for being an outstanding high school running back.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine Diamond Dandy, throw the scrimmage out. Take a look at games between common opponents. What measuring stick do you want to use?

Ryle has had a nice season and is benefiting greatly from the new 4A format. If it was the same as last year Ryle would have been done in week #2. Ryle hasn't beaten 1 Top 10 team in the playoffs. Think about that for a second. They managed to get to the State Finals without beating one team ranked in the Top 10. That's amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to death that a local school is playing for the "big school" title in Louisville. However, I'm not sure why you feel the need to unneccesarily run down another team to try and prop yourselves up.

who did we run down?

Don't you get it tcjkbt, he is Jim Brown and Jack Lambert rolled into one. Those college scouts and media types are just biased against NKY4A.:D

You've obviously never seen him. He does things I've NEVER seen a football player do on any level. I've seen him hurdle the LOS several times. Then he landed and cut. After another hurdle he cut then stiff armed a LB to his back. Granted it wasn't Trinity and I respect that, but Murray is a D1 football player if I've ever seen one.

When you break past the LB's and outrun the DB's 40, 50, 60 yards consistanty, that's quick enough to get the job done.

That may have something to do with the level of competition. I believe someone else posted a comment on this board stating that Ryle hasn't played a single top ten team in the entire play-offs. Could that be true?

You've obviously never seen him. He does things I've NEVER seen a football player do on any level. I've seen him hurdle the LOS several times. Then he landed and cut. After another hurdle he cut then stiff armed a LB to his back. Granted it wasn't Trinity and I respect that, but Murray is a D1 football player if I've ever seen one.

This is getting out of hand.:lol:

I guess Jim Tressel is just chomping at the bit to get him up to OSU. Any level?

I guess Jim Tressel is just chomping at the bit to get him up to OSU. Any level?

I have never seen a RB hurdle the line of scrimmage and keep his feet at any level of football. I've seen him do it 3 times. Jumping over a person I've seen, the dive over the line, a million times, never have I seen anyone other than Murray hurdle the line, land, and keep running.

After reading over 250 posts in the Trinity-Ryle thread, I've noted that many Ryle fans are proclaiming that this is the best 4A NKY team since 1994. How does Ryle stack up versus Highlands or Cov Cath this year? Is Ryle really good this year, or is the case of over-excitement on the school's most successful year ever?

Much the later, Ryle allong with everyone in AAAA is very average. CCH played two of Ryle's closest competitors and smoked Boone County and played horribly against Dixie and still won 28-7. AAAA in NKy has been extremely week the last two years and Ryle was very much the benefit of a week district and a VERY easy run through the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I really hope Ryle plays well but if you look at the scores over the last few years Highlands and CCH have consistently beaten Ryle, Boone, and Dixie very badly.

As far as the comment that Ryle has improved dramatically since the scrimmage CCH is light years ahead of 3 months ago. They have their QB and O line playing extroidary allong with the D, RB, WR's and special teams which was not the case in August. They are a very complete team for a AAA school, just ask Johnson Central and Highlands