Is Ryle the best team in NKY?

CentreRocks

After reading over 250 posts in the Trinity-Ryle thread, I've noted that many Ryle fans are proclaiming that this is the best 4A NKY team since 1994. How does Ryle stack up versus Highlands or Cov Cath this year? Is Ryle really good this year, or is the case of over-excitement on the school's most successful year ever?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading over 250 posts in the Trinity-Ryle thread, I've noted that many Ryle fans are proclaiming that this is the best 4A NKY team since 1994. How does Ryle stack up versus Highlands or Cov Cath this year? Is Ryle really good this year, or is the case of over-excitement on the school's most successful year ever?

I would say that at this point in the season, it would be neck and neck between Cov and Ryle. However, I think the Dixie team from 2004 compares talent wise to this year's Ryle team. I just don't think those kids were as tenacious. At the begining of the season, Cov was the best team in NKY.

I believe that Ryle is extremely good, but not the best. They scrimaged Cov Cath in pre-season and did not move the ball well. This may have been due to the number of injuries they had in that scrimage. I also believe that Highlands has a more solid team than the Raiders. Highlands could easily be where CCH is now if they would have won the re-match. In my opinion Ryle is the 3rd best team.

I believe that Ryle is extremely good, but not the best. They scrimaged Cov Cath in pre-season and did not move the ball well. This may have been due to the number of injuries they had in that scrimage. I also believe that Highlands has a more solid team than the Raiders. Highlands could easily be where CCH is now if they would have won the re-match. In my opinion Ryle is the 3rd best team.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Totally agree Pop......

I agree, but I think they could play with either of them at this point. They have improved tremendously and Vince Murray wasn't getting the carries like he is now.

:thumb:

Ryle is #3 They all have one common opponent scores against that team says Ryle is #3 , but they also say Highlands would be #1 so it may not mean too much.

HHS 48- Dixie 0

CCH 28 - Dixie 7

Ryle 16 - Dixie 14

Ryle 24 - Dixie 12

Mr. Murray is QUITE a difference maker. I have seen HHS, CCH and Ryle play this year. CCH is the best team of the three, but Vince Murray is the best player I saw in NKY this year.

They dominated Ryle in the scrimmage, but that was without Murray and their QB was hurt on the 1st play of the game.

They dominated Ryle in the scrimmage, but that was without Murray and their QB was hurt on the 1st play of the game.

As I said, I have seen all three teams play (in the last three weeks), and CCH is the best team. But there is no question in my mind that Vince Murray is the best player on any of those three teams. He is a beast on both sides of the ball. Watching him run the ball is fun.