Covington Catholic vs. Trinity

Who wins?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here ya go boys.... you might need to scroll down this link just a bit, however you will get a glimpse at the most dominate team in KY history.. This should shut the door on this discussion..

Enjoy

Trinity High School (Louisville, KY) Football | MaxPreps

This doesn’t shut the door on the discussion. Highlands has been much more dominate than Covington Catholic however THIS YEAR I’d take Covington Catholic. I’d also take Trinity THIS year. But your post doesn’t end the discussion.

you might need to scroll down this link just a bit, however you will get a glimpse at the most dominate team in KY history.. This should shut the door on this discussion..

1. You really feel the need to "prove" that Trinity is the most dominant program in KY history?

2. I enjoyed something in your post more than I should have.

3. Trinity's history has nothing to do with whether or not you'd beat another team this year.

4. Hypothetical arguments about who'd win a game that won't be played is as close to ridiculous and worthless as any argument can be.

5. However...this year's Trinity team would curb-stomp this year's CovCath team.

I am a Louisville native, and a product of the city's Catholic school system (not a Trinity alum), and I have lived in Northern Kentucky for many years, so I have seen a nice assortment of CCHS games, and of course, I have seen the Shamrocks play countless times.

I think CCHS is a wonderful program, both now, in year's past, and certainly for the near future. I believe every CCHS alum, representative, and fan should take great pride in the strength of the program.

However,

The difference between Trinity football, year in and year out, and every other program in the state, is quite significant. Male, as a large public school, in the largest city in the state, can compete with Trinity, though not every year. St. X, as Trinity's biggest rival, and the other big Catholic school in the city, can compete with Trinity, though not year in and year out. The rest of the state is, quite honestly, not exactly playing the same sport.

Recently, the Shamrocks had an excellent offensive player, who currently plays a touch south of Chicago, that lived near several members of my family, in southern Indiana. Trinity is not presently located in southern Indiana. And while I do not have any issue, with any individual, taking advantage of their opportunities, that is what it is like to compete against Trinity; it's just different.

CCHS should bask in the glory of their growing success, but... they are a football program; Trinity is an empire.

CCHS should bask in the glory of their growing success, but... they are a football program; Trinity is an empire.

...and then you have comments like this one. I guess when you have a thread like this that is started by someone who (might be) a CCH fan, it kind of invites this sort of thing. And don't let me be mistaken, Trinity has earned every bragging right there is about how great their program is, but that doesn't mean it isn't totally an eye-roller when you read the bragging. It's nearly every bit of as much of an eye-roller as an alleged CCH supporter trying to create a discussion around whether or not CCH beats Trinity.

Trinity fans can say what they want, as is their right to, but that doesn't mean it still doesn't end up reading like the annoying Christmas card my parents got each year from my aunt and uncle in Charleston. We all know the one, it's that card that came along with the write up about all the aaaaabsolutely amazing things my cousins had done in the last year..."Marcus is first in his class, and he's the starting shortstop on the state championship baseball team, and he got a 34 on his ACT and is going to Michigan on a swimming scholarship. And Katherine is #1 in her class. She's the cheerleading captain and the top scorer on her lacrosse team and the state records holder in 100m hurdles. She's been invited to audition at the Julliard for her violin playing as well."

Cue Ron Burgandy saying, "Everyone! Come see how good I look!"

My biggest question for CovCath this year is only this. Why isn’t Mayer in bubble wrap and sitting in South Bend, or finishing high school and catching first bus?

Nothing left to prove in high school. State title, check. Full ride to awesome D-1 school, check. Why risk it? A game like this scares me for a kid who has a legit chance.

All that being said, this game should tell you if he can carry the Colonels to a state title. A lot of question marks on that team IMO. Good, talented, but just not proven yet for me.

I am going to end this thread with Rule 4 from our Terms of Service:

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.