Would Petrino leave if...

diggerphelps

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe son would follow Dad, not following son in regards to Nick playing college ball...If BP wants to stay at Louisville, I dont think that necessarily changes where Nick would go...

I thought that also and should have made it as part of my question. Sometimes a coach reaches a point where the family plays a big role in their decisions and with his son getting ready to play college ball I thought he may consider a change in jobs regardless of the location or pay. BP has made a great living for his family so the money may not be such a major issue in his decision making. You know the old saying... "Blood is thicker than water"!!

It will be interesting to see what takes place, at this point it is all speculation and what if's.

Miami is obviously the more tempting job, but I'm not expecting him to leave. I thought he would have been gone before now, and he's still at Louisville. I have to believe he likes it there and is satisfied. He's in a great situation...U of L is poised to be a favorite in the Big East on a yearly basis, which means as far as BCS appearances go, he's in about as good a place as he could be. And, if they continue to progress (no reason to think they won't), they'll start to get the respect from around the nation that they're lacking a little right now.

That would be the glass half-full approach and you may be correct. If BCS is the #1 criteria, he's in a good situation. If having a high profile job is #1, he'll be in Coral Gables or Tuscaloosa.

We actually have someone who can track the University of Alabama's lear jet and said "it was heading to Henderson Ky. which is 40 miles from Louisville Ky". Now that was a quote I read late last nite. I replied about the "40 miles from Louisville". I believe CBP is staying with the Cards and Pat Forde on Cold Pizza said "every years CBP is going to be on someone's list". I believe we might have a press conference around 3PM. Darth Visor is our first pick but I don't think he wants the job. And if he came I couldn't use "Darth Visor" anymore.

I have heard 10 years at 3 mil a year for Spurrier being bantered about in T-Town.

If they can offer that money for him, they could exceed Petrino's pay at UL.

Would Bama pay that kind of money to a coach that hadn't been to the top like Spurrier has, or would Petrino be expected to take less pay and just feel honored he was offered the job?