Would Petrino leave if...

diggerphelps

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it ironic that out of UL, UC and UK, the football fans at UK wanted Brooks gone at the beginning of the year and it looks like he might be the only one returning.

I haven't seen anything other than breathless speculation to suggest that Petrino may not return.

Would Bama pay that kind of money to a coach that hadn't been to the top like Spurrier has, or would Petrino be expected to take less pay and just feel honored he was offered the job?

Did Petrino get a Louisville team that had plenty of talent or did he build the program to where it is now. If he built the program to where it is now I believe that Bama would give him that kind of money because he would have to build Bama back to where it once was and he has shown that he can.

Can Spurrier build up a program that isn't located in Florida?

I don't think that he would want to start again at 'Bama....he would need to overhaul that offense which would take 2-3 years, and a few more beatings...I think the NFL is next for him.

JMO but if Petrino would go to te NFL, those letters would stand for "N"ot "F"or "L"ong......just like tricky Ricky imo, he is not cut out for the pro's.

Will his son going to play college football have an impact on his decision to stay or leave Louisville? Some say he will not play D-1 but who knows. I know he will play college ball at some level if it is his wish to do so, would Dad follow?

His other son Bobby is a sophomore on our team currently.....

side note...I am glad that Bobby will be able to watch his son in his last high school football game.

His other son Bobby is a sophomore on our team currently.....

side note...I am glad that Bobby will be able to watch his son in his last high school football game.

It may not be his last. There are a few All-Star games he may get a chance to showcase his talents in.

I wasn't aware of the other son. What position does he play?

Isn't it ironic that out of UL, UC and UK, the football fans at UK wanted Brooks gone at the beginning of the year and it looks like he might be the only one returning.
Don't look now, but Brooks' name has come up for an opening...

Oregon needs a new AD.

I don't believe it, but it's floating out there.

Here is something else that might be intersting (that will not happen): Petrino to Auburn and Tubberville to Bama!!:scared: Not achance imo but think of how ironic that would be. I was just having some fun with this, I personally don't know or care if Petrino goes or stays or whatever - he means absolutely nothing to me.:D