Would Petrino leave if...

diggerphelps

Some of you guys are comical. If Petrino wanted to be somewhere other than Louisville, he would be there. This will have to start getting old for you all someday.

:confused: What in the world is that supposed to mean? Unlike some, I do not necessarily subscirbe to the notion that Petrino, heck take his name away and replace it with Schiano, is wanting to sit at a school not traditionally good at football for the next 15 years of his life just because "his family is happy." Maybe Schiano (Petrino) is part of the 1% of coaches content on staying at one of these schools for years and passing on the chance to coach one of the premier schools of all time.

Take the thread as more of a compliment for people acknowledging UL's coach is one of the best and may want to take his expertise elsewhere.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that he would want to start again at 'Bama....he would need to overhaul that offense which would take 2-3 years, and a few more beatings...I think the NFL is next for him.

Bama has a good offense, it was the play calling that killed them. With Prothro back next year, JPW another year experience, and the line with more experience, all this offense needs is a decent back. Bama will be atleast a top 25 team next year no matter who is the coach...

Bama has a good offense, it was the play calling that killed them. With Prothro back next year, JPW another year experience, and the line with more experience, all this offense needs is a decent back. Bama will be atleast a top 25 team next year no matter who is the coach...

All good points. The puzzle is laid out, just need to be worked out. Bama has some young athletes that show they belong in the league. With the right coaching moves they could be a thorn in someone's side in the SEC.

If Petrino went to Bama I dont think it would take long to turn it around. He instantly is in a better position to recruit and would be able to recruit a different caliber of player. He is able to recruit good players now but if he was at Bama he would have a legit shot and landing the elite status players at a school like Bama which makes coaching a lot easier. This is excluding players like Brohm and Bush (they are elite recruits but they were from the ville which gave them the advantage).

Just think, If Petrino was at Bama last year they may have very well ended up with Tebow instead of the gators.

All good points. The puzzle is laid out, just need to be worked out. Bama has some young athletes that show they belong in the league. With the right coaching moves they could be a thorn in someone's side in the SEC.

With the right coaching they could be a thorn in all of the SEC like they once were........right back at the top. I do not however think that Petrino is really the man for the job at Bama. JMO

:confused: What in the world is that supposed to mean? Unlike some, I do not necessarily subscirbe to the notion that Petrino, heck take his name away and replace it with Schiano, is wanting to sit at a school not traditionally good at football for the next 15 years of his life just because "his family is happy." Maybe Schiano (Petrino) is part of the 1% of coaches content on staying at one of these schools for years and passing on the chance to coach one of the premier schools of all time.

Take the thread as more of a compliment for people acknowledging UL's coach is one of the best and may want to take his expertise elsewhere.

It won't take 15 years for his kids to be out of high school. I would say he will be around for about 3 more years.

Here is something else that might be intersting (that will not happen): Petrino to Auburn and Tubberville to Bama!!:scared: Not achance imo but think of how ironic that would be. I was just having some fun with this, I personally don't know or care if Petrino goes or stays or whatever - he means absolutely nothing to me.:D

Don't count out Tuberville to Miami.

A tradition has been started, and Petrino's name is at the forefront of if.

For the money he makes there is not a better coaching situation than the University of Louisville. Outstanding resources, flexible schedule, and comparitively low pressure and media attention for a not not so media savvy coach.

We go through this song and dance every year, and you people are always wrong. Sure one day he won't be at Louisville, maybe two years from now or maybe twenty, but at that point don't take credit for any prognostications because you all would have been wrong more times than you were right.

Let me say this again, If Petrino didn't want to be Louisville's coach, he wouldn't be.