Tiger Woods wins the Masters

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best Masters ever! About 7-8 guys had a legitimate chance to win down the stretch and Tiger outlasted them all. He led the field in greens hit in regulation. He definitely deserved this. He just played very solid golf. I put $20 on him in Vegas a couple of weeks ago at 15-1 so I am a happy camper! It was so cool seeing his family with him after it was over...

Tiger winning today was one of the biggest things ever. Like when Agassi bounced back and started winning or contending in all majors. Daggone Brooke Shields.

Seeing the old warriors come back and win while old and overcoming a lot of “issues” is always fun.

CBS Sports did a great job putting the two post Masters videos back to back - Tiger hugging his dad years ago and Tiger (as the dad) hugging his kids today at the same spot behind the 18th green. That brought a tear to my eye.

Greatest comeback story in the history of sport, and I don’t think it’s even close.

I was seriously starting to doubt if we’d ever see this happen again.

So awesome to watch!

I sure didn’t think it would ever happen. In addition to all the personal problems he’s had in his life he’s surgically repaired from his knees to his back, and I’m not sure but I think he’s had other operations, possibly elbow or wrist. The guy has enormous grit and determination to make it all the way back at 43 years of age and win number 15 in majors.

Individual sports are so unique because they allow us to root for greatness. In team sports we hate to see dynasties. People hate the Patriots, Bama, Warriors, etc. But golf allows us to celebrate and appreciate greatness on a level that we aren’t accustomed to. Yesterday I think ~95%+ of the people watching the Masters were pulling for Tiger. Allowing fans to celebrate and appreciate greatness is one of the things that makes me enjoy the sport that much more.

Individual sports are so unique because they allow us to root for greatness. In team sports we hate to see dynasties. People hate the Patriots, Bama, Warriors, etc. But golf allows us to celebrate and appreciate greatness on a level that we aren’t accustomed to. Yesterday I think ~95%+ of the people watching the Masters were pulling for Tiger. Allowing fans to celebrate and appreciate greatness is one of the things that makes me enjoy the sport that much more.

Agreed. It's why I can watch the tennis majors despite hours of tennis usually boring the pants off me.

I think baseball can be like that too. While there's obviously more to it, at its most fundamental, that game is pitcher vs. batter. And watching one great player try to gain the slightest advantage over the other in that showdown can be unbelievable theater when something significant is on the line. And seeing it finally go one way or the other at the end of a fantastic at-bat can be an amazing release of energy.

Tiger is 43...will he win more majors, will he catch Jack?

Many are ready to jump aboard the "Tiger is back to being Tiger" bandwagon. I hope they are right. Not enough was talked about it yesterday, but Woods winning yesterday makes him the 10th oldest person to ever win a major championship. And this is going into the depths of professional golf history, as in guys born in the 1800s. Once you hit that 41/42 year old mark, there are very few players that bring home the hardware. For Tiger, it is all health related.

But for one day, we got to experience the man, the myth, and the legend do his thing on the biggest stage. Awesomeness.

Many are ready to jump aboard the "Tiger is back to being Tiger" bandwagon. I hope they are right. Not enough was talked about it yesterday, but Woods winning yesterday makes him the 10th oldest person to ever win a major championship. And this is going into the depths of professional golf history, as in guys born in the 1800s. Once you hit that 41/42 year old mark, there are very few players that bring home the hardware. For Tiger, it is all health related.

But for one day, we got to experience the man, the myth, and the legend do his thing on the biggest stage. Awesomeness.

Yeah he’s on the tail end of four back surgeries. I’d love to see him win more, but history says it’s not very likely.

Yeah he’s on the tail end of four back surgeries. I’d love to see him win more, but history says it’s not very likely.

If he can keep it in the fairway, a hot putter can carry him to victory. Just a question of how often those two things match up in the coming years.

Tiger still has the game to win, just keeping it together for 4 days will be the battle the older he gets.

Tiger winning is also going to make the upcoming US Open at Pebble must watch, and if he's on the leaderboard on the weekend Tigermania will be in full overdrive.

This Masters was a great watch, seeing Tiger win a major not only after all these years, but in a way he's never won before. For the most part, in the past, he just overwhelmed the field. To win this one coming from behind, was really fun to watch.