Covington Catholic 56 Lexington Catholic 49

LRCW

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree no safety on the first two tds was strange. But it seemed CovCath ran well on them when they dropped the safety back out of run support. Pick your poison, I guess, for the LC coaches.

That's what won them the title last year, to be able to do that. Looked like the first and last Cov Cath touchdowns came with miscommunications in the Lex Cath coverage. Two defenders ended up on one reciever while the TE (#35 maybe) took off uncovered.

IMO, the best hidden talent in the state last night did not appear in the stat sheet.

Bovard #1 WR for Cov Cath is an incredible talent. Not catching a pass while guarded by Ben Revere is nothing to be ashamed of. Revere is the best High School Football Player I have ever seen (and I played agianst Shuan Alexander). I was able to get down to the Cov Cath team, and I asked Bovard if he had gotten any offers anywhere. After he indicated he hadn't, I told him what a shame it was. About three years from now, I have a feeling that a lot of college coaches will have some egg on thier faces while Bovard does some special things at a small college. (Georgetown College- win a ring)

Congrats to both teams on such an exciting game. Good luck next week Cov Cath...Win State.

BTW, is playing the first and only game of the year on real grass going to be an issue?:sssh:

Congrat's to Cov Cath. Well played game. Having read the threads prior to the game I didn't think Lex Cath would do as much scoring against CC's defense nor did I think the kicker would miss any FG's. Who was tougher to beat LC or Highlands?

Both were great games, but I would have to say Lex Cath.

Congrat's to Cov Cath. Well played game. Having read the threads prior to the game I didn't think Lex Cath would do as much scoring against CC's defense nor did I think the kicker would miss any FG's. Who was tougher to beat LC or Highlands?

I would have to say Lex Cath. Highlands you can cover thier offense. But for Lex Cath you can have double coverage on a Wr and Cauldwell,Rever, Guy could come down with the ball.

Toughest in order...

Highlands (regular season)

Lex Cath (playoffs)

Highlands (playoffs)

Toughest in order...

Lex Cath (playoffs)

Highlands (playoffs)

Only because the first Highlands game was not only physical but very mental as well. Otherwise it would be

Lex Cath (playoffs)

Highlands (playoffs)

I was dead wrong about LexCath's ability to get to 30...wow, what a speedy set of receivers. Just when you think another one CAN'T get behind your defense, there you go. What was even more impressive than their speed, believe it or not, was their ability to go WAY UP and pull balls out of the air that looked destined to be picked off.

UnderArmour, thanks for the updates.

Cannonball Brown has the heart of a lion...period.

Lexington Catholic should be ashamed at their PA system...flat out embarrassed.

Hancock is a gutsy little guy that plays with a ton of effort -- easy kid to root for.

Ben Revere is exceptional. Off the chart.

I bet if you would have told LexCath that Joe Casteneda wouldn't play (for all practical purposes) and Bovard would have ZERO catches...I bet they would have gassed up the busses for Paintsville.

Great effort by both teams....fun game to watch.

Looking foward to making the drive on Friday.

Abbreviated QUOTE from Covercorner...... Looked like the first and last Cov Cath touchdowns came with miscommunications in the Lex Cath coverage. Two defenders ended up on one reciever while the TE (#35 maybe) took off uncovered.....

I think that it was also excellent play calling by Cov Catholic that led to the wide open receivers. Remember, Lex Catholic never plays a zone and are always in man. Cov Catholic would run two clearing routes on the lexington catholic corners and delay a back or TE into the cleared area while Lex catholic had no linebacker to fill that area because he was sent on a blitz. Of course executing these plays required excellent offensive line blocking by Cov Catholic to provide the time needed for those delay routes... not enough can be said for the Cov Catholic offensive (and defensive) lines, they were impressive!

Best of luck to Cov Catholic next week!

Abbreviated QUOTE from Covercorner...... Looked like the first and last Cov Cath touchdowns came with miscommunications in the Lex Cath coverage. Two defenders ended up on one reciever while the TE (#35 maybe) took off uncovered.....

I think that it was also excellent play calling by Cov Catholic that led to the wide open receivers. Remember, Lex Catholic never plays a zone and are always in man. Cov Catholic would run two clearing routes on the lexington catholic corners and delay a back or TE into the cleared area while Lex catholic had no linebacker to fill that area because he was sent on a blitz. Of course executing these plays required excellent offensive line blocking by Cov Catholic to provide the time needed for those delay routes... not enough can be said for the Cov Catholic offensive (and defensive) lines, they were impressive!

I agree, great offense, starts and ends with a GREAT OFFENSIVE LINE!

Josh is a great QB and an even better leader!!! Josh kept the team pumped up, they never gave up!

I have watched these young men mature over the past 3 months. There is a lot of respect amongst each other and the desire to protect their QB and it shows. You can't ask for more than that!