Covington Catholic 56 Lexington Catholic 49

LRCW

If you're an LC fan, do you scratch your heads at the defensive alignments that LC puts out there? Why make it easy for a very good passing team? Having your safety within 5 yards of the LOS most of the night?

I agree no safety on the first two tds was strange. But it seemed CovCath ran well on them when they dropped the safety back out of run support. Pick your poison, I guess, for the LC coaches.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was standing in the corner of the endzone along the fence and it was pretty clear that Bleser was across the plane before the ball popped out. I agree that that score would have sealed the deal. Overall one of the best highschool games ive ever been too.

Come on people. This is way out of line. These are kids playing football. Reality check time. Moderator, please intervene here.

Whoa here, before something gets way out of hand. I can assure you that there was no underlying tone in my post. The phrase "on to Johnsonville" just had kind of a sound of packing up and moving the troops on to the next battle. Mods please do remove my post if anyone thinks that there was any other intention. Anyone who knows me knows that I meant no harm at all. I sincerly apologize if anything was mis-interpreted.

Whoa here, before something gets way out of hand. I can assure you that there was no underlying tone in my post. The phrase "on to Johnsonville" just had kind of a sound of packing up and moving the troops on to the next battle. Mods please do remove my post if anyone thinks that there was any other intention. Anyone who knows me knows that I meant no harm at all. I sincerly apologize if anything was mis-interpreted.
I don't know -- all this talk about "Johnsonville" just makes me hungry!

eat.gif

The most impresive thing about this game is that CCH beating Lex Cath without one of the best CB in the state. Especially playing against WR like Caldwell, Reveere, and Guy.

How about Pete Sutton , 6'3 220 trying to guard Ben Revere? That's a tough matchup for every top corner in the state much less for a big LB.

From what I can gather, here are a few of the CCH records set in this game:

Total offense 706 yards

TD passes :6 which ties the record

TD receptions: 3 Sutton ties the record

Passing yards: Bleser 356

Total offense: Bleser 405

I'll go out on a limb and say that 507 yards passing by an opponent is also a record.

One correction. Josh Bleser missed setting the total offense record by 6 yards. Somehow I forgot that Drew Ellison had 411 against Beechwood last year.

Still not a bad night for #15.