Ohio State or Oklahoma for the playoffs, make your case

Jumper_Dad

I’m not going to comment on it any further, but the loss to Iowa isn’t what kept Ohio State out of the playoffs. Ohio State had 2 losses and anyone who suggests this isn’t what kept them out is foolish. I don’t know what’s going to happen. Ohio State and Oklahoma both have tough games next week. This doesn’t even consider the possibility that Georgia could beat Bama and then it’s a debate between 3 teams. Right now, Ohio State beat Michigan and that’s all I’m worried about. We didn’t just beat Michigan, we broke their will to live. So bring it on, let the chips fall as they will.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not going to comment on it any further, but the loss to Iowa isn’t what kept Ohio State out of the playoffs. Ohio State had 2 losses and anyone who suggests this isn’t what kept them out is foolish. I don’t know what’s going to happen. Ohio State and Oklahoma both have tough games next week. This doesn’t even consider the possibility that Georgia could beat Bama and then it’s a debate between 3 teams. Right now, Ohio State beat Michigan and that’s all I’m worried about. We didn’t just beat Michigan, we broke their will to live. So bring it on, let the chips fall as they will.

What 3 teams would that be?

People down played it last year and it cost them the 4th spot last year. And I think you are down playing it too. The committee said last year they did take into account OSU beat down lost to a bad Iowa team last year. When it chose non conference champ Bama over a conference champ OSU.

Imo its the same deal this year. That blow out lost OSU had to a team who barely became bowl eligible cant be forgotten. Especially when compared to a team who also won their conference championship and their only lost coming by 3 to a top 20 team. If OSU just simply got upset in a close game on the road, then I agree with you. However that beat down lost to a bad team does hurt OSU more than Texas lost and it should. You don't see top teams take beat down losses to bad teams like we saw osu do.

A big part of this involves Notre Dame being undefeated, which will probably stop two SEC teams getting in. Notre Dame is in if they win in any way, shape or form tonight. I’m not downplaying anything. OSU had a bad loss to Purdue and Oklahoma lost to Texas, whom also lost to Maryland, which is all going to be taken in to consideration. If Oklahoma beats Texas and does it convincing, it’s probably enough.

A big part of this involves Notre Dame being undefeated, which will probably stop two SEC teams getting in. Notre Dame is in if they win in any way, shape or form tonight. I’m not downplaying anything. OSU had a bad loss to Purdue and Oklahoma lost to Texas, whom also lost to Maryland, which is all going to be taken in to consideration. If Oklahoma beats Texas and does it convincing, it’s probably enough.

What’s convincing by your definition? I can promise you right now Oklahoma will not win by more than 1 TD.

What’s convincing by your definition? I can promise you right now Oklahoma will not win by more than 1 TD.

I don’t think that they will either, I’m thinking by twenty plus, which is the point of my argument for Ohio State. They have looked bad a lot of the season, but they just beat #4 convincingly, which may be a big help for them.

The Texas lost to Maryland isn’t on the table. Anymore than the Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan is.

I think in that scenario its Alabama and not even close. I don't really think it's a 3 team debate if that were to happen.

Well Alabama getting in wouldn’t surprise me and I would probably expect that to happen, but you’re crazy if you think it’s not a debate.