Ohio State or Oklahoma for the playoffs, make your case

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't a 2 loss SEC team deserve consideration over a 1 loss B1G team.

Explain that to me. Has OSU played a schedule that could you can honestly look at and say, "Yeah, OSU is better than LSU."

Answer that question honestly.

I hate OSU and I can honestly say yes OSU is better than LSU. I can also say confidently that on a neutral site OSU also would be the favorite against LSU.

Just to be clear and along the lines of what @Kentucky Windage was talking about. Are we assuming that prior to this week the CFP rankings held tOSU behind LSU because they assumed the Buckeyes would also have two losses after today?

I don't remember too many people being upset with LSU ahead of tOSU prior to today's game. I do remember a lot of folks thinking Michigan was basically overrated by attrition in a very week conference though.

I'm not saying Ohio State won't or shouldn't be ahead of LSU in the new rankings but you can't just ignore all of the other stuff.

To be fair, it probably was the most complete game the defense has played and since you said it should have been 41 I could just as easily tell you OSU gave Michigan a TD with a muffed kickoff that Michigan recovered at the 10.

I think going for two vs extra points is a bit different. One was a conscious and arguably ignorant decision by Harbaugh the other was a mistake by a player. Apples to Oranges.